Not eating, no poop

@narmstrong I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't let trolls get you down. I am a first time owner as well. I had been researching (what was bad information) for three years before being gifted my cham and only figured out that it was bad after joining this forum, being directed to Neptune's videos, the Chameleon Academy site, and reading threads on here. My sister (who purchased the cham and initial set up) was even given bad information from the pet store. They told her the cham would eat freeze dried crickets and mealworms. It is unfortunate that you lost your cham so quickly but the important thing is that you acted as quick as possible and that you learned from it in order to make progress for your next cham. Keep your head up. ❤️

@narmstrong I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't let trolls get you down. I am a first time owner as well. I had been researching (what was bad information) for three years before being gifted my cham and only figured out that it was bad after joining this forum, being directed to Neptune's videos, the Chameleon Academy site, and reading threads on here. My sister (who purchased the cham and initial set up) was even given bad information from the pet store. They told her the cham would eat freeze dried crickets and mealworms. It is unfortunate that you lost your cham so quickly but the important thing is that you acted as quick as possible and that you learned from it in order to make progress for your next cham. Keep your head up. ❤️
Thanks. We got the chameleon from a breeder at Repticon and Bw the breeder and rep for supplies we got a ton of bad info. I avoid pet stores for animals bc of the fact that the workers usually don’t know enough information. My pet stores don’t even sell chameleons!!
I just can’t understand why someone feels the need to come on here and just bash. Must be a miserable person to lash out in such a way.
I didn’t want to bother the moderators @Lindasjackson either but at the same time I don’t want her to do this to someone else. There’s enough bullies in real life, don’t need them here. Thank you to everyone that has helped me.

Thank you all for the reports, we are keeping an eye on things. Unfortunately, many people don’t seem to realize that just tearing someone down is not actually advice and does not help chameleons, which is the ultimate goal of anyone trying to “help”. Making people feel bad and defensive usually has the exact opposite effect making them less likely to seek or accept help in the future. It’s a shame how many people have to learn that the hard way. Please feel free to reach out for future problems or questions. We strive to make this the most helpful and supportive environment we can for the sake of the animals we all love.

Thank you all for the reports, we are keeping an eye on things. Unfortunately, many people don’t seem to realize that just tearing someone down is not actually advice and does not help chameleons, which is the ultimate goal of anyone trying to “help”. Making people feel bad and defensive usually has the exact opposite effect making them less likely to seek or accept help in the future. It’s a shame how many people have to learn that the hard way. Please feel free to reach out for future problems or questions. We strive to make this the most helpful and supportive environment we can for the sake of the animals we all love.

This is such a fantastic environment because of all the helpful members and great standards for moderation. It makes me sad to issue reports and ask for your help but it's important to keeping the community healthy. Thanks for all you do. ♥️

Wow all of the incorrect advice is astounding!! I usually stick to my cham fb groups bc this forum needs to give updated advice and care guidelines and an experienced admin or mod should be handling these posts! This cham I'm sure is dead by now what with the lack of urgency to make corrections by the keeper. This chameleon is not 4 or 5 months. It's very clearly a month or 2 possibly 3 but that's a stretch. It has an eye infection. You can see the pocket of infection at the bottom of the eye. It has been given incorrect supplements and incorrect uvb. I dont believe the keeper even took it to the vet if they couldn't find the time to give it the right uvb and supplements I highly doubt they took the time to get it emergency treatment. This is sad. These incredibly beautiful amazing creatures dont deserve this kind of neglect!!! They spend nearly a year growing inside their eggs and working hard at developing all the intricately designed features we love about them... and for what? For people to not take their needs seriously and treat them like they're easily replaceable! Makes me sick! Dont get a chameleon on impulse! Do research and then do some more research.
Gosh some people smh

So sorry you have to deal with this. Getting a chameleon is supposed to be fun and stress relieving but misinfo and people like them (the bad person like Jessica or something) come along and ruin the entire hobby for some people.

So glad your boy is bounching back! You might want to check thid site for discussions on pet insurance. the annual fee pays for itself! Also the spasm you were discribing may be this thing they do with opening wide drawing deep and twisting thier bodies. It is to get moisture out of the air and then have a biwel movement. Your little guy is so cute. From your pics i dont see any shaded areas at the top of the cage. You should consider getting a broad leaf plant and put it up higher i have a swiss cheese plants that work good. Sorry i dont know any other name for them.

Back
Top Bottom