Not eating could this be the problem.

Randall is not eating, that much at least. Most of the food she has got resently is on the sides of the cage. I could only get her smaller than normal crickets for about two weeks before this. This cost twice as much because I needed twice the amount of crickets so I got some still pretty expensive medium dubia roaches from the pet store. I know she has eaten two but now she has stopped. There is a brownish orangeish bump on her lip, could this be a roach bite or something? I guess that could be why she stopped eating them. (I have to leave for school now and won't replay till later.)
image.jpg

Randall is not eating, that much at least. Most of the food she has got resently is on the sides of the cage. I could only get her smaller than normal crickets for about two weeks before this. This cost twice as much because I needed twice the amount of crickets so I got some still pretty expensive medium dubia roaches from the pet store. I know she has eaten two but now she has stopped. There is a brownish orangeish bump on her lip, could this be a roach bite or something? I guess that could be why she stopped eating them. (I have to leave for school now and won't replay till later.) View attachment 173326

Is she possibly gravid? Do you have a lay bin in her cage? They will stop eating or decrease the size of their meals (partly because there is no room in their belly for a full stomach and eggs) as they approach laying.

Another consideration is the temperatures. If temps are low, they can stop eating. Also, if there isn't enough bright light, they will slow down.

I don't see some of the insects I saw this morning now. It could have been the lighting in her cage yesterday, we had a big sudden temp. drop so I left my blinds closed to trap in heat. The room was darker than normal. (I have a lay bin and she is not gravid right now.)

Back
Top Bottom