Not eating but drinking

I got my veiled chameleon as a birthday present at the beginning of month, so far everything had been great but for the past three days she hasn’t been eating but she has been drinking. When I put crickets Near her face she pays not attention to them at all even when I let them move around she doesn’t do anything. I don’t really know her age but I was told she is a adult. Also this is my first time posting anything on here so if this doesn’t make any sense I apologize.

Can you answer any of these questions?

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

2 Photos can be very helpful.

Since she is an adult, it's possible she's getting ready to lay eggs. This can disrupt their feeding behavior. Do you have a laybin prepared for her?
To really help, we need to get an idea of exactly how you are caring for her. Please copy the following form and then fill in your answers so we can assess the quality of your husbandry. We'll need to see pictures of the chameleon and her enclosure, too.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Edit: woops, late to the party with reposting the form haha.

My chameleon- veiled,female,unknown age, had it for just less than a month.

Handling-Maybe like once every week and a half (she will go to the door of the cage when I walk in my room)

Feeding- mostly crickets about 10

Supplements- zoo med Repti calcium(without d3)
I dust them every time I feed her
Fluker’s reptile vitamin
About once every two weeks

Watering- dripper is always on, I mist her three times a day, morning evening and night. Yes she drinks a lot

Fecal description- white, not been tested

History- I got her as a birthday present October 5 2018 from petsmart

Cage
Screen
16X16X30

Lighting- Zoo Med reptisum 10.0 uvb
Zoo Med Daylight blue reptile bulb
8:30 AM-8:30 PM

Temperature
Basking- 90 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
Bottom of cage- 75 Fahrenheit

Humidity- the meter I use always stays at 70-80

Plants- no living ones

Placement- near my bed, I use a fan at night but I cover up her cage with a sheet everying night to block the light

Location- Georgia

This is her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 63
My chameleon- veiled,female,unknown age, had it for just less than a month.

Handling-Maybe like once every week and a half (she will go to the door of the cage when I walk in my room)

Feeding- mostly crickets about 10

Supplements- zoo med Repti calcium(without d3)
I dust them every time I feed her
Fluker’s reptile vitamin
About once every two weeks

Watering- dripper is always on, I mist her three times a day, morning evening and night. Yes she drinks a lot

Fecal description- white, not been tested

History- I got her as a birthday present October 5 2018 from petsmart

Cage
Screen
16X16X30

Lighting- Zoo Med reptisum 10.0 uvb
Zoo Med Daylight blue reptile bulb
8:30 AM-8:30 PM

Temperature
Basking- 90 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
Bottom of cage- 75 Fahrenheit

Humidity- the meter I use always stays at 70-80

Plants- no living ones

Placement- near my bed, I use a fan at night but I cover up her cage with a sheet everying night to block the light

Location- Georgia
What do you gutload with? Get calcium with D3 and dust twice monthly, also. How often do you mist for? Is the uvb bulb compact or linear? Get rid of the blue bulb and get a regular white light heat incandescent bulb from the hardware store. She needs a lay bin ASAP, she looks receptive. The veiled care sheet here has info on how to make one, plus proper basking temps, and lots of other good info. She’ll need a 18” by 18” by 36” tall screen cage. The humidity sounds a bit high.

I gutload with apples and carrots, I also have a Multivitamin with calcium,d3 and a bunch of other things. I normally most for about and minute and a half three times a day. UVB is compact and I’ll get rid of the blue one.

When you get the money, invest in a t5HO linear uvb bulb and fixture. Up the mistings to 2 minutes each. Add more organic fruits and veggies from the gutload section in the nutrition page in resources, or add a quality commercial gutload, or both. Mazuri, Pangea, Cricket Crack, and Repashy are all great. Add more branches and vines, mostly horizontal, everywhere along with some more plants/plant cover

She needs a lay bin, now. Not in an hour or two, now. Not trying to sound like a ****, just want to make sure you get the urgency required here.

Are you up to speed on what she needs from you to lay her eggs successfully?

Back
Top Bottom