NOT CRICKETS AGAIN!

lthrbecks

Established Member
Looks like I'm going to renege on my word and buy those nasty crix once more. Sadly, my juvenile chameleon has gone off his entire food inc hoppers which he ate every morning. I replaced the crickets two weeks ago and gradually introduced silk and wax worms, red runner and banana roaches along with snails. Sadly, it didn't work!

Someone said banded crickets were silent, i didnt know if there was such a thing! I was just going to buy instar 2 brown crix as they're sexually immature and wingless. I DO NOT want to ever hear a chirp ever again!

Whether or not he's being obnoxious or not, i really don't know at this stage. He's also not drinking from the little bottle i try him every few days. No surprise there mind you.

Looks like I'm going to renege on my word and buy those nasty crix once more. Sadly, my juvenile chameleon has gone off his entire food inc hoppers which he ate every morning. I replaced the crickets two weeks ago and gradually introduced silk and wax worms, red runner and banana roaches along with snails. Sadly, it didn't work!

Someone said banded crickets were silent, i didnt know if there was such a thing! I was just going to buy instar 2 brown crix as they're sexually immature and wingless. I DO NOT want to ever hear a chirp ever again!

Whether or not he's being obnoxious or not, i really don't know at this stage. He's also not drinking from the little bottle i try him every few days. No surprise there mind you.
You have to practice tough love and wait him out. He won’t starve to death and in time will accept feeders other than crickets.

When I get mine, guy told me, bean beetles fed baby, well....it eats crickets now because that's what I have for now, before my roaches and superworms take off, and no problem, I'm sure that it will go the other way around, from crickets to something else, and as MissSkittles pointed out, yes he won't starve himself lol.

He took a couple of good size hoppers this morning. Sadly my purchase of banana and red runner roaches have be in vain! Pity.
I'm now trying the big dripper water dispenser for the first time. Do i have to catch the water thats falling into the substrate? I dont want my vivarium to be waterlogged after an afternoon of a litre or two of water!

Well little damp substrate will keep moisture high, which your cham will like, but 2 litters in a day seems a lot. He will not go there as he stay in branches but later on all that heat and moisture......I'll be afraid of something start growing there, wouldn't be to good, I will place something to catch the water IMHO.

Plus yor picture have veild in it, they are called Yemen as the area they coming from and their humidity requirements are low (they can live in high moisture environment as they adapt, like here in Fl) but they naturaly live in more of a dry bushes then lets say panthers in Madagascar.

Yeah, I'll get a big pot to catch the excess spillage of water. I'm only guessing two litres.

Plus yor picture have veild in it, they are called Yemen as the area they coming from and their humidity requirements are low (they can live in high moisture environment as they adapt, like here in Fl) but they naturaly live in more of a dry bushes then lets say panthers in Madagascar.

Yemen chameleons evolved in lush oasis. Not in deserts. They die in the dry seasons over there. On the other hand, some parts where Panthers are found can be pretty dry. JMO but I feel both species benefit from similar humidity levels.

Hammy doesn't like to be too warm! As so as the temperature reaches around 27°C his mouth opens to try and cool down again. Everyday, he's happy at 22°C

Back
Top Bottom