Not catching food.

My Lizzy was having a hard time catching her super worms this morning she had to get real close to them and grab them! Is this a medical concern?

Okay thanks so much! She caught her horn worm just fine and then I fed her the super worms dusted in calcium without D3 and struggled

Did you dust the worms too heavily? Her tongue might not stick if there’s too much calcium dust on them. You don’t want them to look like powdered donuts, just very lightly dusted so that maybe their color is muted a little.

Did you free feed the hornworm from a branch? Should could have strained her tongue. Best to hand feed these otherwise they suction cup to the surface they are on.

Oh no! This is probably my fault. I am trying to get her to warm up to me and kept moving further back as she would get close to me and at one point she was just like forget it and her tongue came out really far like I’ve never seen before

Oh no! This is probably my fault. I am trying to get her to warm up to me and kept moving further back as she would get close to me and at one point she was just like forget it and her tongue came out really far like I’ve never seen before
They can extend quite far... it is when they extend hit and the item does not let go that the tongue can become injured.

Just now

Attachments

• B69AEA9D-94DD-4FBB-9B0C-B251AC5BBD50.jpeg
    B69AEA9D-94DD-4FBB-9B0C-B251AC5BBD50.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 49
  • FB5556D7-BF93-4DFC-9A1F-4D08AD3876B1.jpeg
    FB5556D7-BF93-4DFC-9A1F-4D08AD3876B1.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 46
What size cage is she in? Looks like it is a 30 inch high... All the fake plants are high risk for impaction issues. I agree with nightanole about the UVB...
You should lift the cage up off the floor. having it on the floor like that not only is a more stressful placement for her but high risk of water damage to your wood floors.

Back
Top Bottom