Nosy Mitsio - Male Or Female?

Acottrelll

Hi everyone,

Back in July I picked up this “little guy” from a pet store in my area. This pet store is not a chain store and is a small business, and the owner knows a lot about reptiles, breeds his own reptiles etc.

He had a male and a female Nosy Mitsio for sale and I took the male home. However now he is 4 1/2 months and I’m struggling to figure out if he’s actually a male or not? Looks female to me .. just looking for opinions, thanks

Attachments

• 5637D2FB-4ACD-4C4D-A40D-554C2D014F35.jpeg
    5637D2FB-4ACD-4C4D-A40D-554C2D014F35.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 156
  • BD1BD7FA-4256-487F-93C8-A623ADD6EF34.jpeg
    BD1BD7FA-4256-487F-93C8-A623ADD6EF34.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 3897A482-8B58-4CD2-A02A-347E9775D16F.jpeg
    3897A482-8B58-4CD2-A02A-347E9775D16F.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 146
That’s what I have been thinking for the past month and a bit now.. kind of pissed because I paid more for “him” compared to the female. Love her no matter what, but still..

That’s what I have been thinking for the past month and a bit now.. kind of pissed because I paid more for “him” compared to the female. Love her no matter what, but still..
This seems like an excellent opportunity to acquire a bonafide (unrelated) male. Fate will insist on throwing these cruel turns our way, but who are we to disagree? Get a boy...do it!

Female. In my humble opinion, that is.
This seems like an excellent opportunity to acquire a bonafide (unrelated) male. Fate will insist on throwing these cruel turns our way, but who are we to disagree? Get a boy...do it!

I have a 3 year old ambilobe male as well, but not sure if that would even work ? I don’t know much about breeding, but I’ve always been curious.

Hi everyone,

Back in July I picked up this “little guy” from a pet store in my area. This pet store is not a chain store and is a small business, and the owner knows a lot about reptiles, breeds his own reptiles etc.

He had a male and a female Nosy Mitsio for sale and I took the male home. However now he is 4 1/2 months and I’m struggling to figure out if he’s actually a male or not? Looks female to me .. just looking for opinions, thanks

Looks like a female to me, females have more “boring” or “dull” colors than males, males tend to be green, blue, red, you know, bright colors.

I have a 3 year old ambilobe male as well, but not sure if that would even work ? I don’t know much about breeding, but I’ve always been curious.
So, crossing locales is something breeders sometimes do. This is a hotly debated topic between purists, and those breeding for colour. I’m agnostic about the ethics involved, but breeding for extraordinary colours that are never seen in the wild is the direct result of crossing locals. There are some big breeders who are getting it down to a fine art now.

"She" is beautiful, I would understand your frustration with the pet shop, but as I have learned it can be difficult to sex them at a young age. Maybe request credit for what you thought was going to be a male.

Beautiful chameleon! I do want to point something out. In the photo, I saw a compact UVB bulb. That needs to be changed to a reptisun t5 5.0 ?

Back
Top Bottom