Nosy Faly just a fad?

Red Island

Established Member
There are only a few CB lines out there (Raiden etc.). I think Faly will be a mainstream locale very soon like ambanja and ambilobe. That Red, White and Blue is just amazing.

With Nosy Faly and Tamatave recently imported it would be good so see something different posted in classifieds.

no doubt, once the breeding bombs start happening it will be, maybe the price will go cheaper to the average panther?

i am hoping for the white body and red bar panther to be a new fab soon:cool:

sorry for got the locale name, but i hear they dont sell fast due the dull color of usual grey with occasional red in them

and only a few are the awsome looking ones of white body with blood red barring:cool:

There are only a few CB lines out there (Raiden etc.). I think Faly will be a mainstream locale very soon like ambanja and ambilobe. That Red, White and Blue is just amazing.

With Nosy Faly and Tamatave recently imported it would be good so see something different posted in classifieds.

i agree its the red white an blues or greens that get me, its not just a fad to me i will have falys for awhile to come.

they r so close to me i just got a nosy be from cham nation but i was looking hard at a raiden baby, but i could feel my GF looking hard at me once she knew the price.
soon tho soon

I hope you spread the love!... ;)

i will be forsure when things are rollin im sorry ace they wont be goin for 150-250.. all the babies doin great bye the way.
for the prices people have paid for the ones they have ace that will take awhile..

Fad is a weird argument on a locale. Personally, I don't think the Faly will ever be a fad. I think that they are priced high because of what you're talking about; there are few beautiful captive bred species out there. You have wild caughts coming in, but they aren't captive bred and don't have the bloodline to back them up as to what you're going to get. (with the exception of the Gesangs WC, they are amazing) I don't think they'll ever become a fad. I think they'll become less expensive as more breed them and the stronger blood lines become more available. Over time, the price will come down and the locale will become more available. The wild coloring is what gets me, too. I'm sure it will be worked on and worked on in the the captive bred department to bring amazing amazing animals.

Last edited:
i will be forsure when things are rollin im sorry ace they wont be goin for 150-250.. all the babies doin great bye the way.
for the prices people have paid for the ones they have ace that will take awhile..

why r you apologzing to me rob, i understand the scarcity and sudden popularity in the U.S of these awsome locale. lol i wasnt talking about their price being down now...heck for sure they go at least $$$500, and you sure are gonna be successful since only you and a hand full of breeders in the U.S are working wiht falys....

i meant maybe in time the nosy faly will probbaly be just as availabe as a ambilobe, and maybe by that time in the FAR future i can get one from you;)

I think like everything in the reef hobby, at first the price is high because demand is high. The more they are around and available, the less they will be, and people will still buy them. I would have bought one if they were the same price and available. I ended up finding a white/blue Ambanja that has a few red spots.

I think like everything in the reef hobby, at first the price is high because demand is high. The more they are around and available, the less they will be, and people will still buy them. I would have bought one if they were the same price and available. I ended up finding a white/blue Ambanja that has a few red spots.

i agree but i been waiting for them to come around for awhile an they really just havent when ya figure in all that have came in for a few years now, i got my pair raised them up an have babies now so where are all the others? i want some..

I dont think any panther can be a fad. It is just all a matter of opinion. And what a person likes. I have heard where people only like Ambanja's or only Nosy Be, and so on. I think every panther local is special. But we do need to get more bloodlines started in the US for Nosy Faly. There are only a handful of different lines not related to each other. The other locals have a large pool of lines. But Faly's are related to all the names we know. We need new Raidens for the gene pool.:)

Im going to help with that. I have something up my sleeve that I havent reviled yet.;)

I say fad because some breeders actually say they don't think Faly's are worth getting into, like their popularity will just blow over. Not that im complaining, Falys are easy to sell. I just think you shouldnt ignore such an amazing locale. Maybe the whole FalyBanja thing turned people off. But thats a lesson to learn, know who and where youre getting your females from.

The scarcity doesnt seem to be changing that fast. Theyve been here for several years now and the demand far exceeds the captive production or wc imports being added to the captive population. I think we're still at least a few yrs away from seeing the prices really drop. Esp for the better looking ones like the recent wc's we're seeing come in. Animals of that quality will always fetch a higher price than the avg looking pardalis.

The people working with them need to continue to add wc blood to the captive lines so that we can expand the gene pool. Jmpo....

I think we still havent seen the best that this locale has to offer. Wait a few more yrs and let some people get their lines established. ;)

Gesang's Faly's

Fad is a weird argument on a locale. Personally, I don't think the Faly will ever be a fad. I think that they are priced high because of what you're talking about; there are few beautiful captive bred species out there. You have wild caughts coming in, but they aren't captive bred and don't have the bloodline to back them up as to what you're going to get. (with the exception of the Gesangs WC, they are amazing) I don't think they'll ever become a fad. I think they'll become less expensive as more breed them and the stronger blood lines become more available. Over time, the price will come down and the locale will become more available. The wild coloring is what gets me, too. I'm sure it will be worked on and worked on in the the captive bred department to bring amazing amazing animals.

I have recently received a nosy faly from gesang. The dame was gravid when she came in with the shipment of males they received. He is definitely a screamer for sure, tons of white already and only 5 months old! They still have a couple males I believe!

no doubt, once the breeding bombs start happening it will be, maybe the price will go cheaper to the average panther?

i am hoping for the white body and red bar panther to be a new fab soon:cool:

sorry for got the locale name, but i hear they dont sell fast due the dull color of usual grey with occasional red in them

and only a few are the awsome looking ones of white body with blood red barring:cool:

Like my avatar? lol

Cap Est mate and amazing. I have babies from them too!!!

Back
Top Bottom