Nosy be? Will it be blue?

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I'm thinking about buying this little male nosy be. I'm looking for a lot of blues and just by looking at him, do you think he'll be super vibrant or maybe sort of a green blue? The reptile shop said he was 3-4 months old.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 4.24.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 4.24.35 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 138
So I'm thinking about buying this little male nosy be. I'm looking for a lot of blues and just by looking at him, do you think he'll be super vibrant or maybe sort of a green blue? The reptile shop said he was 3-4 months old.

I'm guessing he will be pretty vibrant once he gets his adult colors. My ambilobe/ambanja looked very similar to that when I first got him. Probably didn't even have as much color as that one. And this is him now:

20200626_182947.jpg

Find out what breeder they got him from so you can get a pic of the sire. That will be your best way to see what you could be getting.

What about the stripes. Will they fade away or will they stay? I'm not sure If i'll be able to get pics of the sire.

What about the stripes. Will they fade away or will they stay? I'm not sure If i'll be able to get pics of the sire.
The dark ones? Those on my cham turned to the blue bars most of the time/when he is outside, but he changes those back to darker colors when he is trying to absorb more light/heat

I mean I don't think I've ever seen a nosy be that's not blue. An ambanja would be amazing but in the uk resources are more limited:confused:
So here is the issue... Yes, the Nosy Be locale are blue. BUT without buying from a breeder you are not guaranteed that this is what you are actually buying. If the pet store can not provide proof of lineage from the breeder then you are just taking their word that this is what your buying. That would be my concern. If your comfortable taking their word on it then go for it. But babies do not show their adult colors so all you have is what they tell you.

what did the store tell you about the panther
Well I messaged them via facebook and asked them if they had any male panthers for sale. They said that they had a nosy be available with a setup. They gave me the age and thats really it. I asked them for a photo of the sire. They look legit though. They have a big shop in north england and they don't just sell chameleons. When looking at theyre facebook page they said that they have a big breeding facility. Also all the chameleons in the photos had correct setups and looked healthy. I mean at only 3 months old he's already showing a little blues which caught my attention. If you want to check them out theyre called urban exotics

Ok I am going to answer your original question... There is no way to know what he will be at 3 months old based off his picture now. This is why you want a picture of the sire that will tell you what he could look like as an adult.
I'm not doubting you or anything... but am i the only one who see's some distant blues on his body???

This is a 3 month old and how big they are

Attachments

• FED41AD6-2345-42DA-84B4-4EB2CD347F77.jpeg
    FED41AD6-2345-42DA-84B4-4EB2CD347F77.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 126
  • 132FB99B-B891-4994-A980-AD28CD5BF1A1.jpeg
    132FB99B-B891-4994-A980-AD28CD5BF1A1.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 98
  • CEEE5DD7-8299-49D7-80A7-A84D352FDDD9.jpeg
    CEEE5DD7-8299-49D7-80A7-A84D352FDDD9.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 84
Back