Nosy Be Panther

Thank you :) Yeah everytime I watch him roam around his enclosure I can see a bulge there...just having a hard time getting a pic of him..he seems to know when the camera is on and hides?
Mine too. He usually puts on his olive drab ugly clothes, and makes himself look completely pitiful!

Mine too. He usually puts on his olive drab ugly clothes, and makes himself look completely pitiful!

Haha! I wonder if they can sense something from the cameras?

At the moment he is sitting on his "bed branch" and sleeping. He's a bright white colour, which I understand is normal for young chameleons when they sleep at night (UK here).
Almost like a ghost, hehe.

Although earlier this evening he did come towards the front of the viv when I was sat there, and he turned a green and blue colour for a few seconds! I understand that's his way of telling me to back off?

Don't think he likes me much yet lol.

At the moment he is sitting on his "bed branch" and sleeping. He's a bright white colour, which I understand is normal for young chameleons when they sleep at night (UK here).

Although earlier this evening he did come towards the front of the viv when I was sat there, and he turned a green and blue colour for a few seconds! I understand that's his way of telling me to back off?

Don't think he likes me much yet lol.[/QUOTE] Mine has a bunch of crazy "pajamas". The other night, he was bright yellow and pastel pink. Their sleeping colors are usually quite radical.

Don't think he likes me much yet lol.
Mine has a bunch of crazy "pajamas". The other night, he was bright yellow and pastel pink. Their sleeping colors are usually quite radical.[/QUOTE]

Wow, they really are amazing creatures aren't they?

Have you kept chameleons long? The one in your pic looks huge!

Hmm. Interesting. I have never heard of white pjs! Here is the sleeping spot of choice tonight, at my house (US):

IMG_20170212_224220.jpg It tends to vary some, but he is generally in that top corner every night. This is one of his rather "normal" positions. Sometimes he does some CRAZY splits, or stretches up and hangs from the top with his front feet. He's a nut. And I love him. I was fixing something in his cage today, and he came right over on a vine and probably would have climbed up my arm if I would have stayed there! Maybe the big fat superworm I fed him when reaching in had something to do with it... For a veiled, my boy is actually incredibly social. He even refuses to go back in his cage, at times! I am sure this will upset some people, but I am very observant to him and as soon as he seems to stress, back in he goes. But typically, he does what he wants to do, when he wants to do it.

Hmm. Interesting. I have never heard of white pjs! Here is the sleeping spot of choice tonight, at my house (US):

View attachment 176448 It tends to vary some, but he is generally in that top corner every night. This is one of his rather "normal" positions. Sometimes he does some CRAZY splits, or stretches up and hangs from the top with his front feet. He's a nut. And I love him. I was fixing something in his cage today, and he came right over on a vine and probably would have climbed up my arm if I would have stayed there! Maybe the big fat superworm I fed him when reaching in had something to do with it... For a veiled, my boy is actually incredibly social. He even refuses to go back in his cage, at times! I am sure this will upset some people, but I am very observant to him and as soon as he seems to stress, back in he goes. But typically, he does what he wants to do, when he wants to do it.

Wow!! He looks amazing!

He sounds like a great character too haha!
That's so great he likes to come out and is friendly though. I've read a lot of people have been lucky like you :)

Qwerty is my first chameleon, so I'm hoping he's going to be a friendly one. He's been here for 7 days now and he's quite nervous and runs off when he can, but I'm hoping I can make friends with him like I did with my gecko. She hated everyone, but later became tame and friendly after a lot of patience.

The colours on your guy there are beautiful, so pretty!

Wow!! He looks amazing!

He sounds like a great character too haha!
That's so great he likes to come out and is friendly though. I've read a lot of people have been lucky like you :)

Qwerty is my first chameleon, so I'm hoping he's going to be a friendly one. He's been here for 7 days now and he's quite nervous and runs off when he can, but I'm hoping I can make friends with him like I did with my gecko. She hated everyone, but later became tame and friendly after a lot of patience.

The colours on your guy there are beautiful, so pretty!
Thanks! Lots of big wiggly worms fed by hand were the ticket for him. His tummy speaks much louder than his brain. He will do anything or go anywhere for a worm!

View attachment 176448 It tends to vary some, but he is generally in that top corner every night. This is one of his rather "normal" positions. Sometimes he does some CRAZY splits, or stretches up and hangs from the top with his front feet. He's a nut. And I love him. I was fixing something in his cage today, and he came right over on a vine and probably would have climbed up my arm if I would have stayed there! Maybe the big fat superworm I fed him when reaching in had something to do with it... For a veiled, my boy is actually incredibly social. He even refuses to go back in his cage, at times! I am sure this will upset some people, but I am very observant to him and as soon as he seems to stress, back in he goes. But typically, he does what he wants to do, when he wants to do it.
My Ambanja Panther has white pajamas, too. Panthers can have many different pajamas. Veileds get pretty with the lime greens and yellows.

Attachments

• IMG_9581.JPG
    IMG_9581.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9662.JPG
    IMG_9662.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 116
My Sambava has some pretty interesting pajamas. He has several pairs. His newest ones are buttercup yellow and soft pink/orange. Here's his butt a few days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 117
All you guys have amazing chameleons, they truly look stunning with the array of colours!
I can't wait to see what colours I get from my little guy....quite exciting :) From what I've read the Nosy Be males are usually a turquoise colour? Is that correct?

Nosy be boys are super blue! They range in shade but are usually pretty bright powder blue. Google it! There are some pretty boys on google!​

My Ambanja Panther has white pajamas, too. Panthers can have many different pajamas. Veileds get pretty with the lime greens and yellows.
That is so pretty! It looks pearlescent, almost. And the little black spots are very striking!

Back
Top Bottom