Nosy be only likes superworms

Sanababit

Hi everyone, i have a 5 month old nosy be, about 10 days ago it stopped eating crickets, maybe because i changed form brown to black crickets because the regular store where i get the browns was out and only had black crickets or maybe because i moved his cage and put it outside, it is still warm here in tijuana mexico, i will be moving it back into my house starting in november, anyways, he will only eat 1-4 big mealworms, that is it, i really worry about him, he had yellow/orange urates, but today for the first time i saw him drinking, and i was spraying the leafs beside him and started licking them, at least he is getting hydrated, i have other feeders but he wont go for them, on monday i might get a fecal done, maybe he has parasites

Sana

Hi everyone, i have a 5 month old nosy be, about 10 days ago it stopped eating crickets, maybe because i changed form brown to black crickets because the regular store where i get the browns was out and only had black crickets or maybe because i moved his cage and put it outside, it is still warm here in tijuana mexico, i will be moving it back into my house starting in november, anyways, he will only eat 1-4 big mealworms, that is it, i really worry about him, he had yellow/orange urates, but today for the first time i saw him drinking, and i was spraying the leafs beside him and started licking them, at least he is getting hydrated, i have other feeders but he wont go for them, on monday i might get a fecal done, maybe he has parasites

Sana

Sometimes they go on cricket strikes and can be picky eaters try only offering crickets for a few days see if that gets him eating

Don't offer any food for several days, then ONLY offer the bugs you want him to eat.

Hes like a spoiled toddler. you gave him his dessert when he wouldn't eat his dinner because you wanted him to eat something.

now, hes only expecting dessert and would rather be hungry than eat dinner.

don't let dessert (mealies) be an option anymore.

:)

Wow, i am really trying to let him go without food, but i feel sorry for it, anyways, no food for him for at least 2-3 days till he starts eating crickets again

Sana

I have a Nosey Be and for years he would only eat suoerworms. I gut loaded them very well and he did fine. Eventually I got him to try a horn worm and then a silkworm and he got to where he would eat this also. He is 5 and 1/2 years old now and still doesn't like crickets. Instead of meal worms, try super worms and then horns and silks.

Thank you, what did you gutload your superworms with, and how many did you feed your chameleon?
, i will still give him a couple of days without food, and if all else fails i will try superworms, btw, dont superworms have a thicker shell and would cause impactation?

Sana

Well its been 3 days and he hasnt eaten anything, no poop to do a fecal either, i have another thread on reptaid, lets hope it works

Sana

Back
Top Bottom