Nosy Be / Nosy Faly

Bizzle90

I'm purchasing my first cham soon, what's the main difference between these two locales?

Are all Nosy Be's true blue - or are the true blues more expensive?
Why are Nosy Faly's more expensive?

Feel free to share some pics of your Nosy Be's or Nosy Faly's as I'm having a tough choice between the two!

Well, sometimes it's a little hard to tell why one is twice as expensive. For me, the really nice Falys have a lot of white and red, something like this one https://www.chameleonforums.com/mem...ms-more-faly-picture7891-ziggy-sub-adult.html that belongs to member ChameleonAlley. Nosy Bes don't tend to have any of the white, although they can have varying degrees of the red speckles. Some Falys have a lot less pronounced white and more blue, sometimes making it hard to tell it's a Faly.

Not all Bes are completely blue. I actually have one that at rest is more teal blue and fires up a light yellow. When you look for a true blue one, make sure the lineage is all true blues, and that the parents aren't wild caught. I think the WC parents tend to produce Bes that are a lot more varied. These should all be worth about the same, somewhere between $200-300 each for a male.

The Falys are more expensive because there aren't as many of them available. It's a supply and demand thing, really. Their price should go down as more of them are sold and bred in the coming years. Although I've seen some good offers on them recently, I just don't know if they come from reputable breeders.

Good luck deciding!

hey i really like both of those locals i beleive the falys are more expensive due to the fact that there are fewer around than the nosy be's, either way i would give tamara and drew a call at cham nation they have great chams of both those locals.

here is a shot of my lil nosy be Gizmo, from cham nation.
264057_2118454793326_1004438354_2437043_5098638_n.jpg

be sure to fill us in a post picks of withever u choose
hoj

Falys are way nicer than nosy bes. Dont believe in any of those "true blue" or similar gossips. Nice looking parents can produce nice juveniles but theres never a guarantee !
Btw: I dont know "false blue" animals...

heres a lil nosy faly for ya.. couple picks of two diff ones i have more too but heres an idea..
5-1-2010026.jpg

5-1-2010020.jpg

falyboys003.jpg

5-1-2010039.jpg

People have been breeding and working with Nosy Bes since the mid 90's. So they have come down in price considerably since then. I can remember ppl paying 500 to 600 for a nice blue nosy be back in '98. Same is true of falys now. There are few breeders here in the states working with this locale. So hence prices are going to reflect that rarity. You want flash go with a faly or check out nosy mitsios they are a gorgeous locale that cant be beat in my opinion. I have both and I can say my wc mitsio puts any faly to shame.;)

Of course mitsios are even rarer than falys in the states. Although we saw a few wc's come in this yr. ;)

I like both Nosy Faly and Nosy Be. I attached a picture of a so called "True Blue" Nosy be that I purchased from Screameleons.

Attachments

• truebluenosybe.jpg
    truebluenosybe.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 1,221
If you would like to see them in person, there is a Breeder's Expo in Toronto at the International Centre on September 17 and 18... All Ontario Cham breeders will be there including Chameleon Nation... I have a 5 month old panther from Tamara and Drew... he's a great little guy; already showing colours...

I guess I am a little different. True blue Nosy Be's don't really do anything for me. Now some of those like Olimpia's Nosy that fire up red faced or the new Cham Nation WC that fires up yellow and red, with barring, those are killer. Also Cham Company has some inexpensive Nosy Faly but to me I love those like what Rob posted that have a white background. Cham Alley, also have some great Faly. If they don't have that white then it doesn't pique my interest. I paid a lot for my female Faly because I wanted those genetics with a solid white backgound.

Nosy Faly are more expensive because the are the overrated variety of an overrated species;) Personally I think they are ugly. Super red Ambilobes are where it is at!!

Nosy Faly are more expensive because the are the overrated variety of an overrated species;) Personally I think they are ugly. Super red Ambilobes are where it is at!!

LMAO!!!!! haha Cain then i guess you are gonna be very happy by some little news i have;):D

real faly4.jpg
I guess I am a little different. True blue Nosy Be's don't really do anything for me. Now some of those like Olimpia's Nosy that fire up red faced or the new Cham Nation WC that fires up yellow and red, with barring, those are killer. Also Cham Company has some inexpensive Nosy Faly but to me I love those like what Rob posted that have a white background. Cham Alley, also have some great Faly. If they don't have that white then it doesn't pique my interest. I paid a lot for my female Faly because I wanted those genetics with a solid white backgound.
bringing this post back to the for front just so doubters see what it takes to have the nice falys ... I would have Galdly switched that female Rob had for the nicest male I had , but then I also mentioned eatin that lil bit on the price an find a nice wc male and hed forsure have the awesome white falys he was wanting to produce . to get to the caliber of this last group I have has beeN 6 year's in the making ' .. the top Picture in the step before this breeding ..brother to the female use in there breeding

realfalys2 - Copy.jpg
real falys1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom