Nosy Babies almost a month old!

I am curious, what can cause gular edema in neonates, are there any difference between the neonates and adults with GA?

still think those little fat rolls are too cute. gatta love these little Q T's

Easy now! i was not being critical,or offensive to ANYONE!!,i Just stated that the paper towel was rank!!! and totally disgusting!! (i have the freedom to post what i like) You lot are mental!! why be so dirty with your animals??? they take so long to hatch why waste all the effort...
Im not sorry for saying what i said

I also use small tubs to rear neonates in but i don't use paper towel i drill two small holes at one end on bottom of tub then prop the opposite side up a bit so when i mist heavy all water runs down and out the drain holes . Paper towel just gets soaked and a mess this way you can squirt the little turds out the holes ! give it a try you will love it!You can also tape a couple tooth picks together to use as a plug so crix cant escape the tiny holes.

Easy now! i was not being critical,or offensive to ANYONE!!,i Just stated that the paper towel was rank!!! and totally disgusting!! (i have the freedom to post what i like) You lot are mental!! why be so dirty with your animals??? they take so long to hatch why waste all the effort...
Im not sorry for saying what i said

Well, yes, you were offensive-as I took offense. Yes-you can say anything you would like, and yes the papertowels looked discusting in the pictures. I did not take offense at that as I posted the same. You were ABSOLUTELY being critical because you "hinted" that I had left these papertowels in there long enough to get that dirty and cause harm to the animals-just like you did again in this post. I am not dirty with my animals, and have raised enough to not be talked to like a newbie. So now you dare call us MENTAL because your post was offensive???

Love the babies, so awesome to see them like that, makes you happy to see how healthy and happy the look.

And, about the papertowel, when you have a lot of baby chameleons, and a lot of baby chameleons that eat a lot, and have to poo a lot, thats going to happen, to everyone, doesnt matter if it is top of the line breeders. Again, they look awesome Juli, keep up the good work.

That is a sign of a serious condition, I had some anks that age with the same problem and most of them died:(
The ones that did survive were much smaller than others their age.

That first one seems to have some edema-I just started supplementing more frequently.

That is a sign of a serious condition, I had some anks that age with the same problem and most of them died:(
The ones that did survive were much smaller than others their age.

Conflicting Info on edema. I have a female Nosy that has lived with it her entire life. Other breeders say they have had babies hatch out and/or develop it within the first few weeks, and than have it go away by the 3rd month. I guess it is always a wait and see with these guys.

Well, yes, you were offensive-as I took offense. Yes-you can say anything you would like, and yes the papertowels looked discusting in the pictures. I did not take offense at that as I posted the same. You were ABSOLUTELY being critical because you "hinted" that I had left these papertowels in there long enough to get that dirty and cause harm to the animals-just like you did again in this post. I am not dirty with my animals, and have raised enough to not be talked to like a newbie. So now you dare call us MENTAL because your post was offensive???

I am sorry,but glad that you took offense to what i said,i would love to say "Wow they look really good" but they dont.
I appreciate you are no newbie,im sure you know dirtyness is the biggest killer of all baby chameleons.

Your not going to die from being offended,You are perhaps being a tiny bit sensitive about it all,If my comments are of no value,then crack on doing what you do,and ignore them,but they is a reason why you were offended

I said you are "Mental" because i cannot get my head around,not doing 2 minutes worth of work to keep the animals tip top,they are owed this,IMPOV

Sorry for my blunt posts

I hope they do very well for you:D

Hey Juli,

Very adorable babies you have there. I recall you mentioning the hard water issue, which convinced us to provide only RO water to our animals now. I will say, our Meller's had edema and it went right away when I started using RO water. Perhaps Florida water is just too hard for them out of the residential tap(?)

I'm not sure if you're using RO or not, but I thought I would throw in my dos centavos. ;)

Luis

Yes they deffo are showing signs of edema,becareful with them,and that paper at the bottom is disgusting.
Would be a shame to lose them,Hope things go ok for them

I am sorry,but glad that you took offense to what i said,i would love to say "Wow they look really good" but they dont.
I appreciate you are no newbie,im sure you know dirtyness is the biggest killer of all baby chameleons.

Your not going to die from being offended,You are perhaps being a tiny bit sensitive about it all,If my comments are of no value,then crack on doing what you do,and ignore them,but they is a reason why you were offended

I said you are "Mental" because i cannot get my head around,not doing 2 minutes worth of work to keep the animals tip top,they are owed this,IMPOV

Sorry for my blunt posts

I hope they do very well for you:D

I do not take offense at what you said. I take offense at how you said it.

Again-the edema has nothing to do with the dirty papertowel in that shot. There is no other reason that they do not look good. I do not leave my animals in dirty conditions, and it does not take long when several babies are together for it to get that way. Again, I would NEVER leave babies, or any of my animals in filthy conditions.

I completely agree with you that we owe it to them to take the best care of them-I am a firm believer of that for all animals in captivity.

But seriously, I don't know how people do it in your neck of the woods, but it is not generally a nice thing to call someone "Mental"-that implies that someone is "crazy".

And yes-I am a bit sensitive towards people that are mean to others. Being Direct or Bold is one thing, being mean and degrading is another.

Hey Juli,

Very adorable babies you have there. I recall you mentioning the hard water issue, which convinced us to provide only RO water to our animals now. I will say, our Meller's had edema and it went right away when I started using RO water. Perhaps Florida water is just too hard for them out of the residential tap(?)

I'm not sure if you're using RO or not, but I thought I would throw in my dos centavos. ;)

Luis

My Melleri do not suffer GA and I use nothing but Florida Tap. But it is well water so there are no chemical additives. It is very hard though. Liquid rock is what I call it. I have a TDS reading of over 400. This forces me to wonder if it isn't something that is being added to the water by your local municipality.

Hey Juli,

Luis

I have thought about this, and ran it by the experts, but since no one else in my herd has an issue with edema, I have never switched. Only one of the babies still has it, so that is not providing a good argument for the water causing it. It certainly won't hurt to try it-maybe I will separate that baby and see if the water switch results in improvement.

I do not take offense at what you said. I take offense at how you said it.

Again-the edema has nothing to do with the dirty papertowel in that shot. There is no other reason that they do not look good. I do not leave my animals in dirty conditions, and it does not take long when several babies are together for it to get that way. Again, I would NEVER leave babies, or any of my animals in filthy conditions.

I completely agree with you that we owe it to them to take the best care of them-I am a firm believer of that for all animals in captivity.

But seriously, I don't know how people do it in your neck of the woods, but it is not generally a nice thing to call someone "Mental"-that implies that someone is "crazy".

And yes-I am a bit sensitive towards people that are mean to others. Being Direct or Bold is one thing, being mean and degrading is another.

I am not being mean in anyway,far from it infact....We are all passionate about chameleons,and if im honest im totally obsessed with them.
Being mean and nasty is not on my agenda in anyway,so please dont highlight me in this way.
I dont beat around the bush and like to get straight to the point.

The first post was My opinion,and i just advised you to becareful with them...I am struggling to see what was offensive in the comment:confused: Unless you feel your a "higher" level of keeper then the rest of us and are Furious that i dared to comment on your husbandry

I would not like to fall out with you,i mearly made an observation and commented on what was seen....
I care about chameleons 100% no matter if they are,mine,yours,or anyone else's

XXXXX

I am not making this an all out battle. It would take far more than this to truly rile me.

I guess it was this...
Originally Posted by TreelionsUK
Yes they deffo are showing signs of edema,becareful with them,and that paper at the bottom is disgusting.
Would be a shame to lose them,Hope things go ok for them

I read this more or less as "You are killing them". :( Sometimes it is hard to get a point across through typing over the internet.

To say I am passionate about them would be an understatement. Obsessed is a good word.

Let's just agree to spread the message to keep your chameleons clean.

Back
Top Bottom