NOOOO! Papilloma?

edge of my seat>
just before dawn fire GIF

Did anyone ever figure out more about this stuff ? Like is it possible it can get transferred through prey items ?
My understanding is Papilloma is a virus... There are many different types but they are species specific. So papilloma that a reptile has can only be spread to other reptiles. I know some papilloma can live on surfaces for a few months as well. I do not remember which ones. But this would mean to me that yes... If feeders came from an environment where there was a reptile with papilloma and there was cross contamination to the feeders you would then have the chance of contaminating your reptile.

Yes ^^^
I have no true idea of how exactly it is transmitted though. I believe if I were to mate Stella and Hammlet, he would run a large risk of contracting the virus, but would it be by direct body contact with the lesion scar, body fluid exchange such as thru a mating bite or some other method. 🤷‍♀️ One would think then that Stella would pass the virus on to her offspring, but I seem to recall hearing that wouldn’t be so.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I take precautions to reduce the risks of spreading anything between my chameleons, but nothing crazy that I wouldn’t be doing anyhow. Hand washing, basic sanitizing and once an item is put in one of the enclosures it then belongs to that chameleon/animal.

Back
Top Bottom