No power

Jpeff

Chameleon Enthusiast
So power line to house got messed up yesterday in storm. Power company coming on Friday to look. Have to pay cause line only runs to my house and my fault for not paying someone to trim tree. Was just going to take chams out for few hours till then. Should that be fine. Got generator today but only runs so much.

Should be perfectly fine like @jamest0o0 said. They may be a little irritable in the mean time. Open windows and try to let as much light in the room as possible. At least its not middle of winter and dealing with extreme cold.

Agreed, some light would be appreciated, if you can get them out of course go for it, but as far as health concerns you don’t have much to worry about. Only thing I could think of would be extreme heat, but as long as you don’t have a chilly temp montane a few warmer than usual days (assuming you’re hydrating lol) should be fine.

So then why do we use uvb 12 hours a day everyday?
Along with what kinyonga said, vitamin D(which is what is produced from uvb/sunlight) is stored in the liver. So it would take a healthy Cham that has a regular uvb light/d3 supplementation a long time before they would start to show signs of vit D deficiency/MBd if they suddenly lost that light/supplements. The liver would need to use up it’s storage first.

Back
Top Bottom