no poop?

so we took her to the vet on monday. she's not gravid, she's just got a little extra weight on her :p doc gave her some fluids and zeeva was not happy about it lol. on the way home, the water must have done its job cuz she had a bm in the car lol. her appetite has increased since then, having eaten 4 crickets today instead of her usual 2 or so. so thanks everyone. we'll just feed the crickets juicy food and spray them with water every time we mist so she'll get some of that.

You dont need to spray the crix. You need to mist and set up a dripper. Feed her some hornworms a couple of days a week they are full of fluid.

How did the vet determine that she is not gravid? X-rays?

If she's not gravid then you need to put her on a diet IMHO because obesity in veiled females often ends in reproductive issues, constipation and prolapsing....and short lives.

I know the ice is convenient (and, I've done it) and some chameleons do well with it. But, not all cope well with the cold water. Almost as easy is to take a plastic container (cup?, cleaned out soda bottle?) and put a pin hole in the bottom....set that on the top of the cage. It will take a few tries to get the size of the hole right, so have a few plastic containers to work with. The warmer water seems to be more generally accepted by chameleons.

As you are experiencing health issues with yours, I would think this small, easy change might be worth making. If you read around, you'll find that even for humans drinking cold drinks (however refreshing) is not considered "good for you".

Back
Top Bottom