US NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Noname has papiloma from being CH as you know, before I knew it was there(only found out well after you took my 2 panthers) my chams shared everything and no one ever got it. My vet was able to look at it and say that's probably what it was and that a biopsy wouldn't be necessary as it can't be treated and his health was fine otherwise.

I totally agree on letting buyers know, what I meant is that a vet should be able to look at it and tell if it's papiloma or something else. The bigger concern would be if it was something else like a fungal infection

Oh I didnt meant to quote you lol, I was just replying to thread in general. Pap would not scare me away, personally, unless I was planning a breeding line. I would still want to know if a cham had potential health issue, as Im a helicopter mom. Same goes for plants, I make sure the buyers of my plants know what they’re getting in terms of potential pest exposure (plant collectors can be brutally critical!).

And none of my crew has pap. Just that dead scale, that I probably would have just blown off if I didnt jnow there was possible connection. My vet has seen my crew multiple times and there are no issues and definitely no pap. So as you said, cross contamination is possible but unlikely outside of breeding.

I’ve decided to keep him because of this. Thanks for info. If I purchased as an egg and hatched him Maby his mom was overbred.
I had a spot of concern on one of my guys and had a discussion wit my (experienced) vet. It turned out to be a dead scale from a bad shed. My vet said papilloma is very rare to come across. Its out there, of course, but in my case I was fortunate it was not pap/pox. My guys spot was much smaller and exactly the size of a scale.

If anything, you should make a buyer aware of the spot of concern, let them assume the risk rather than find it by surprise.
thanks but I’m just going to keep him b

Back
Top Bottom