US No Longer Available

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
Peri is 6 months old, hatch date is May 2, 2019

As some of you know my male panther chameleon Peri ended up being a female. I'm receiving a new male panther from the breeder to resolve the issue. So I need to sell Peri. I just want to break even and be in the same situation with my new male panther that I'm currently in with Peri. I'm not looking to make or lose any money.

Selling for $52 + shipping and Paypal fees.

The $52 is for the vet visit that was done on October 5th. Fecal was clean.

I also have a Nationwide pet insurance policy that I prepaid for the full year. I'm currently trying to see if I can transfer the remaining balance over to my new male chameleon. If the new owner wants to take over that coverage it would be another $77. There are still 11 months left on the policy.

Edit: Nationwide got back to me. Policy has to be cancelled or transferred to the new owner. I'll leave this active to keep Peri covered while still in my care and to see if the new owner wants to take it over. If not I'll cancel it and get the refund to open up a policy for my new chameleon.

First three pics are her lineage. The remaining pics are of Peri.

Dams Sire

Sire

Peri
5 Months getting ready to sleep for the night.

At the Vets on October 5th.

6 Months getting weighed. November 2nd. Currently 36 grams.

Taken on November 3, 2019 for sexing.

Last edited:
She is pretty, and looks tolerant to handling, you should have no problem selling her!!

Thanks, she will eat silks from my hand and I can put my hand in front of her and she will walk right onto it. I don't handle her that often. Just for the vet visit, monthly weighs and for the sexing pics. Mostly because she is already hanging out in her sleeping spot by the time I get home from work.

I do watch her from a security cam during the day from work though. Its fun watching her stalk crickets that jump out of the feeder run.

Wait so your saying that the breeder didn’t know how to sex it’s babies SMH:rolleyes:. Well that sucks that you care for a animal then have to get rid of of it because of a breeders judgment. At least your getting what you want hopefully it’s the male you are looking for.

Wait so your saying that the breeder didn’t know how to sex it’s babies SMH:rolleyes:. Well that sucks that you care for a animal then have to get rid of of it because of a breeders judgment. At least your getting what you want hopefully it’s the male you are looking for.
Hey Mike is a great breeder. EVERYONE makes mistakes sometimes. Even the greatest of breeder can make a mistake in sexing. Mike is making this right. Yuur post was uncalled for

@Chameleomom i didn’t make any negative comment just stating the facts. Yes it’s good that the breeder is making it right to a extent. Cuddos to Mike. It’s the fact that @Tony_S cared for her,got insurance and now has to sell her.

I'm not upset about it so I don't think anyone else should be. What's done is done. Its how we move forward is what counts to me and Mike is a great guy and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another chameleon from him in the future.

I've seen several sexing threads on this forum that people are posting male and female for the same baby. It's hard to tell when they are so small. I still can't tell the difference until the bump under the tail gets bigger when they get older. Of course the coloring takes away some of the guess work, which is why I started to question things at Peri's 5 month mark when he was still just brown and even then members were posting to give it time after looking at pictures of Peri.

@Chameleomom and @Tony_S. Thank you for the kind words. It makes me proud to be a breeder to have people so happy with my service and animals. Here are some pics of Tony's chameleon when she was younger. This may come in handy for anyone interested in purchasing her from Tony. I wait for the colors to start coming in to ensure the chameleon is male or female because sometimes the bulge in the tail comes later. As you can see no bulge but getting great colors. 20190728_143119.jpg 20190911_174100.jpg 20190911_174131.jpg

I surely don't blame Tony for wanting a male especially if he is only planning on having one chameleon.

Oooo, such a pretty girl! Hope she finds a great home! If you were just a little closer I'd pick her uo.

Still looking for a home. I need to ship her out this week so that my enclosure is ready for my male next week.

Hey Tony_S, please excuse the newbieness, how often does Peri change colors. I really like her when she’s purple, not to say that I don't like her when she’s other colors.thanks much.chammy007

She is mostly just the brown color, I think the purple you are talking about in the upside down sleeping picture is when she was more under the plant light.

I thought she would of been scooped up by a forum member as soon as I posted this thread. I'd hate to have to go the cl route and not know if she is being well cared for or not.

You could always go the CL route, maybe they will be willing to come to the forums. If you don't find her a new home I'll take her back. Obviously I'll pay for shipping as anyone else. Rest assured you won't have to house two chameleons. She would make some beautiful babies with my YBBB that is growing up nicely. If it comes down to that I'll PM you and we'll work out the details.

Back
Top Bottom