night owl

Hi! i’m a total night owl- but i’m getting a chameleon and he’ll be in my room. I’m wondering if he would be ok if i turned on some lights in my room after his were turned off-or in gen what i should do so i don’t disturb him when he’s trying to sleep

Sorry, but lights will disturb chameleon sleep. Unfortunately we can’t cover their enclosures like we would do for birds either. However, there are solutions. You could buy/build something that would block off the light. What that is depends on what materials are available to you and your creativity. I needed to block off my chameleons on the sides of a small room from seeing each other and used a free standing tension rod curtain thing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XTYY5HH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 That plus a room darkening curtain would work pretty well I’d think.

Sorry, but lights will disturb chameleon sleep. Unfortunately we can’t cover their enclosures like we would do for birds either. However, there are solutions. You could buy/build something that would block off the light. What that is depends on what materials are available to you and your creativity. I needed to block off my chameleons on the sides of a small room from seeing each other and used a free standing tension rod curtain thing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XTYY5HH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 That plus a room darkening curtain would work pretty well I’d think.
Thanks for this!! I've been looking for something like this for a while. The nickel color version is on super sale right now too.

Sorry, but lights will disturb chameleon sleep.
+1. Keep the stereo/TV volume lowered as well; they may not have external ears, but chams can definitely pick up on the vibrations.

Unfortunately we can’t cover their enclosures like we would do for birds either.
Why not? :unsure: Covering sides & front (door) shouldn't be a problem as long as the top & bottom vents are clear. I could have sworn someone (or several someones) have done similar with blackout fabric.

I mean from my experience if it’s just a computer light or a small tv light it doesn’t bother anything as long as it’s not shining directly at them maybe keep the lights off and lower the brightness of your devices that wouldn’t be a problem another good solution is a solid sided pvc enclosure and just cover the front acrylic door at night

Back
Top Bottom