Nigerian uromastyx pair

laurie

Retired Moderator
I wish i still kept uro's. They were so neat. But keeping the over 100F got to be a real challenge. Your pair is really exceptional. Do you plant to breed? If I could get a tiny uro from a trusted source I might go for one again.

Jupiter

Uros are so cool. When my situation permits another pet they are going to right at the top of the list.

absolutbill

Chameleon Enthusiast
I fell in love with uros at one of the Daytona shows and stood listening to a breeder talk about them for 15 minutes. They are also high on my list of future reptiles to own. Best of luck with them, they are gorgeous! :D

Jamall

I wish i still kept uro's. They were so neat. But keeping the over 100F got to be a real challenge. Your pair is really exceptional. Do you plant to breed? If I could get a tiny uro from a trusted source I might go for one again.
I went to an importers house yesterday and got first pick out of his Nigerian shipment I couldn't not get a pair when I saw how beautiful they were and yes I plan to breed I really enjoy buying animals in pairs ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369537378.843900.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369537395.032876.jpg

Texas Ranger

Avid Member
Ornates seem to be a step above these guys he had some beautiful ones for 200 they blow the yellows outa the water
Yeah I have blue faze ones they are cool but I love the yellow ones man those guys are awesome and way nicer then my ornates lol mine get attitudes sometimes and tail whip me lol. I have a pair just like yours as well and they are so much calmer.
Here is a pic of one of my uro boys lol.

Texas Ranger

Avid Member
One trick I can tell you is if these are fresh imports. Get 15 bean soup dry and grind it up in a bowl for them in the corner they will snake on it. It's awesome hearing them crunch it lol there jaw presser is awesome also get some frozen pees and let a small amount un freeze before each feeding and mix it in with there greens it will help them adapt to captivity better.

Jamall

One trick I can tell you is if these are fresh imports. Get 15 bean soup dry and grind it up in a bowl for them in the corner they will snake on it. It's awesome hearing them crunch it lol there jaw presser is awesome also get some frozen pees and let a small amount un freeze before each feeding and mix it in with there greens it will help them adapt to captivity better.
They are fresh imports I just put some dry beans in there after I read this I and they immediately ate it they really seem to like crickets

Top Bottom