nice cham,angry cham

alan23

:)hi im just woundering if yemens r more aggressive then panthers my cham is getting very aggressive he only 4 months and dnt let me touch him just wnt to hear your views

I think in general yes the veiled is known more for it's agressiveness than the panther, but i'm sure there still are the odd 'mean' panthers

Yes! My veiled has been handled once a month for about 7 months now because he is so aggressive. He gets bright yellow and spotted anytime the cage door opens and he see my hands go inside

:)hi im just woundering if yemens r more aggressive then panthers my cham is getting very aggressive he only 4 months and dnt let me touch him just wnt to hear your views

Depends. I think a gravid female panther is more aggressive than a male Veiled. The females get surly! Hands down though, male veileds are more aggressive than male panthers in my experience.

Veileds are known to be more aggressive...but this doesn't mean that all veileds are aggressive. Just means if you get a veiled expect it to be hissy and puffy. And if he isn't, then he's either one of the few veileds that are tolerant or he's sick.

My veiled is hissy and puffy! I handle him about 4-5 times a week...trying to get him used to me. He HATES when I reach in and pick him up, but once he's in my hand he calms down. I guess he knows that its not ALL that bad.

Hm? I've never "picked" Fractal up. I think he would tear into me if I tried that. I have to get a smaller tree and let him climb into for both our comfort. lol

I've had the range of veiled reactions.
I believe that you really just have to work with them
hold them with they're young feed them out of your hand
Heck, I even water them by hand....

but you've got to understand that at least with the males
you're "entering their territory" and they have a right to defend it in their minds.

but once they're out... the underlying motivations change.
I take Elvis (veiled male) out in public and he's a great guy...
no aggression at all... he'll sit on my shoulder, wrist or wherever,
doesn't mind being held by others and it very "friendly".
But he'll hiss at me, fire up and mock strike when I go to lift him up out of HIS cage.
that is unless I have mealworms in my hand.. then I'm allowed a "guest pass"
hahaha

mealworm guest pass.... that's cute. Once I do get Fractal out of the cage and outside, I used to be able to walk him on my hands. But I've not been working with him as much like that because of the neighbours and limited space. Last time I put my hand under the tree for him to climb down onto... he went mad. So.... He's getting territorial about his outdoor tree now too. ... .. or... he sees me as the obstacle to his freedom to roam and resents that. I've decided to build him yet another cage. BIGGER!!! More plants... etc.. :D

hey fauna in ur cham pic there is he looking up or ws he lifting his head up like tht mine does it frm time to time does it mean his piss'd off :):)

Cham up

hey fauna in ur cham pic there is he looking up or ws he lifting his head up like tht mine does it frm time to time does it mean his piss'd off :):)

My chams do that when they are swallowing water. Like they are draining the last of it out and down. Sometimes if I stick around, they will continue drinking from the eyedropper. I like to keep them eyedropper friendly in case I ever have to administer meds.

Back
Top Bottom