Newer female panther mouth concern.

Discoloration in the mouth is not a sure sign of an issue, however I do ogre that something is going on with her lower jaw.

I think the leaves on some types of bamboo can be toxic but since she is a panther I don’t think you have much to worry about. The drawback to bamboo is how smooth it is, chams tend to slip on it but this can be easily resolved by taking some 40 grit sand paper to it and roughing it up.

I noticed you mentioned “cage” in your original post and not “cages.” Do they have separate vivs?
They came to me in one cage. I immediately got separate cages going.

01B8EDAA-8CC9-4646-8C69-6A3C46FEB0BD.jpeg
5956E689-DE0E-4D3D-BC65-F4DA5B9D81ED.jpeg
A12F6C3A-6566-4C6D-B6FE-AC95C57DE0D8.jpeg
AA02289C-1C09-4399-98CF-E415B70D135D.jpeg
Hey everyone I wanted to bring my thread back up. I went to the vet with the little girl yesterday and I really don’t feel confident, I’m not convinced my vet is all that knowledgeable with chameleons but they said they see them. He didn’t do a fecal and I addressed the mouth and he said it didn’t look alarming...it hasn’t gotten “worse” but I’m not sold on this vet being great. I feel like I spent 80 bucks for no solution. I wanted to share some more pictures and really see if anyone could chime in as I search for a different vet option.

She’s been through a couple sheds and to update I found for certain she is 5 months. I hate how I can see her ribs, I never have that issue with other chameleons I’ve owned, thoughts? Really frustrated.

She’s been through a couple sheds and to update I found for certain she is 5 months. I hate how I can see her ribs, I never have that issue with other chameleons I’ve owned, thoughts? Really frustrated.
I'm not an expert by any means. But, she looks fine weight wise to me. The pic where her ribs show is where shes turning her body and in the others she looks fine.

My female is a bit of a pudding and eats like a proverbial horse. However I still see her ribs if she turns around or stretches right out.

If anything I worry about my male who's not the best eater, looks a bit gangly at times but still put on 3 grams in the last week!

Do you weigh your girl? It may help put your mind at ease if you can track her weight, plus advance warning warning of her becoming gravid. If she's loosing weight, then that's another story.

View attachment 218909 View attachment 218910 View attachment 218911 View attachment 218912 Hey everyone I wanted to bring my thread back up. I went to the vet with the little girl yesterday and I really don’t feel confident, I’m not convinced my vet is all that knowledgeable with chameleons but they said they see them. He didn’t do a fecal and I addressed the mouth and he said it didn’t look alarming...it hasn’t gotten “worse” but I’m not sold on this vet being great. I feel like I spent 80 bucks for no solution. I wanted to share some more pictures and really see if anyone could chime in as I search for a different vet option.
I’d definitely get her mouth checked out by another vet, along with at least a fecal. You can call ahead to see if they have cham experience, what they’ll do, and pricing, as well.

I’d definitely get her mouth checked out by another vet, along with at least a fecal. You can call ahead to see if they have cham experience, what they’ll do, and pricing, as well.
I totally called ahead the first time and they just kept it kinda vague but said they had experience and the few others I called were worse. So the search will continue

Back
Top Bottom