newby

threelilkids

I would like cage info. I have read everything, ordered a veiled chameleon today, made my cage 3'x3'x6' coated wire, and have no idea how I'm going to keep the crickets in. And I thought I read everything!!! Ha Any and Every help is very much needed and wanted. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, THANKS for your time, Mary

well you could use a cricket cup but they might jump out still, if you want specific info you have to be more specific on what you want to know :)

Yea, sounds like you need to cup feed! :D There should be lots of good ideas if you do a search for "cup feeding." Essentially you want something like an empty milk gallon jug, cut the top off, punch a couple small holes at the bottom (so any misting water doesn't drown the insects and just falls through), and add a little screen around the bottom so the crickets climb a little (not enough to jump out) and this will attract the attention of your cham.

You might still have escapees though. Typically, crickets are too stupid to jump straight up, so you should be ok, but you might have one that manages a good angle and makes it out. Or sometimes your cham might shoot at two crickets by accident and send the one flying through the air if it wasn't stuck enough on his tongue, if that makes sense. But overall that's the best thing you can do.

Hope that helps! :)

I made a deep cricket cup and mounted it to the side of my cage. My little guy knows where it is and he gets on it and gets food, but it's deep enough to keep the crickets in.. IMG00038-20100530-1937.jpg

I gotta redo the top, the tape is coming up, but it doesn't seem to bug him.

Edit: My Cham is a baby right now, but I'm sure this could work with a bigger cup for a bigger Cham.

Back
Top Bottom