Newborns

Lindsay9758

I have new hatchlings and they're not eating. Is this normal? I've tried to stimulate their appetite by putting them in the sun. I have put flyless fruit flies with no luck. There isn't a lot available in my area for alternative food. Any recommendations on food for them I could order?

Can you show us the set up you have for them. Be careful putting them in the sun... They can overheat very quickly at that age. They should have T5 UVB lighting.

If you have the fruit flies you can use a piece of egg carton and drop a slice of banana in it then pour them in on it. They will stay in that area because of the banana. Then place it in the plants you have and the babies will pick them off.

I just have them in a plastic tub with a wire top and the t5 on top of it. They aren't all finished hatching so I will upgrade them once everyone is here.

I figured they may need more sunlight because a few was curled up in a ball on the soil this morning and i wasn't sure what that meant.

I just have them in a plastic tub with a wire top and the t5 on top of it. They aren't all finished hatching so I will upgrade them once everyone is here.

I figured they may need more sunlight because a few was curled up in a ball on the soil this morning and i wasn't sure what that meant.
Did their yolks fully absorb before you moved them? Can you take pictures and I can tag some people in to give you feed back on your pics.... What species are they?

They are vieled once they hatched I just put their hatching bin in a container with a stick so they could get out when they wanted. Ill upload a pic from my pc.

They are vieled once they hatched I just put their hatching bin in a container with a stick so they could get out when they wanted. Ill upload a pic from my pc.
so you have the bin with the eggs that are not hatching yet open in the other container? Yeah please post pics and I will tag someone for you.

They are within 24 hours old. I had the hatching bin open while they were hatching. There are two left and I took them out where I could keep an eye out for them. Heres a few pics. I have the t5 linear on them now not the lamp posted in the pic*

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Resized_20200820_133251.jpg
    Resized_20200820_133251.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 85
They are within 24 hours old. I had the hatching bin open while they were hatching. There are two left and I took them out where I could keep an eye out for them. Heres a few pics. I have the t5 linear on them now not the lamp posted in the pic*
Hello Lindsay - did your hatchlings start eating? How are they doing? I'm going through the same thing now and just want to make sure I'm feeding correctly. Did you use a feeding cup or did you let the pinheads run freely?

Hello Lindsay - did your hatchlings start eating? How are they doing? I'm going through the same thing now and just want to make sure I'm feeding correctly. Did you use a feeding cup or did you let the pinheads run freely?

They did finally! It took around 2-3 days. I got them small crickets and the flyless fruit flies but they are only eating the flies so I wouldn't waste money on anything else until they get bigger. I don't have a feeding cup I just put them in there and let them hunt for them. They are doing good. I have the t5 linear on them and I mist their cage 2-4 times a day. So far they're doing great. Keep me updated on your babies!

Back
Top Bottom