Zilla23

Established Member
Hi all, I’m so glad you guys are here!! Loads of great info. I am getting a male ambilobe panther in the next couple of weeks. I had an iguana in college but that was a while ago. I have been doing tons of research but any info for a new owner you can give will be much appreciated. I did have a question, I am getting a Reptibreeze screen enclosure, how do you set your branches up? Do you attach them to the sides somehow? I have seen other photos of encloroese here but I can’t see how they are staying up. I will post pics of my baby boy as soon as he arrives! I can’t wait!!

Hi all, I’m so glad you guys are here!! Loads of great info. I am getting a male ambilobe panther in the next couple of weeks. I had an iguana in college but that was a while ago. I have been doing tons of research but any info for a new owner you can give will be much appreciated. I did have a question, I am getting a Reptibreeze screen enclosure, how do you set your branches up? Do you attach them to the sides somehow? I have seen other photos of encloroese here but I can’t see how they are staying up. I will post pics of my baby boy as soon as he arrives! I can’t wait!!
Some of my ledges are magnetic. I've also attached velcro to keep some of the vines up where I want them. I will eventually get some dragon ledges, too.

LOL I forgot the link to the resource page... Lots of great info :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/

So just finished getting everything in my set up!! Any suggestions or changes?? I have a MistKing coming but the northern snowstorm delayed shipment . I’m scheduled to get my little guy on Tuesday!! I have new mom jitters!!

Attachments

• F0F75777-3D2A-459B-9E50-F3E01ED96BD5.jpeg
    F0F75777-3D2A-459B-9E50-F3E01ED96BD5.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 113
So just finished getting everything in my set up!! Any suggestions or changes?? I have a MistKing coming but the northern snowstorm delayed shipment . I’m scheduled to get my little guy on Tuesday!! I have new mom jitters!!

Needs many more horizontal branches/vines/walkways of your choosing. The plants are great, but your cham needs more options for lateral movement

Needs many more horizontal branches/vines/walkways of your choosing. The plants are great, but your cham needs more options for lateral movement
They are hard to see but there are branches going between all the plants with a vine connecting them all that goes up behind the top Pothos. I’m probably never going to see him because I made so many hiding places I can always add more though!!

That’s probably about the minimum amount of foliage that should be in any Cham viv. Definitely need more branches to fill out the viv. Remember, empty space in a viv = wasted space. You should have to look for your when you approach his viv, to a Cham dense foliage = security. Think about the branches like they are roads, your Cham needs them to access every part of their viv!
B5390EB4-F549-4377-A648-11C9310FB978.jpeg

Another question, I see most everyone has their light just sitting on the screen top, but when I did that the temp was WAY too hot, like 95 degrees, on the branches I provided for basking. I bought a lamp stand so I can now raise the light higher and lower the temp, I read on the care sheet for Panther's that it should be around 82 degrees for juveniles, is this correct? I am planning to see where he likes to hang the most, once I get him, and adjust the temp at that spot, but I just don't want to risk burning him. What temp is too hot?

Another question, I see most everyone has their light just sitting on the screen top, but when I did that the temp was WAY too hot, like 95 degrees, on the branches I provided for basking. I bought a lamp stand so I can now raise the light higher and lower the temp, I read on the care sheet for Panther's that it should be around 82 degrees for juveniles, is this correct? I am planning to see where he likes to hang the most, once I get him, and adjust the temp at that spot, but I just don't want to risk burning him. What temp is too hot?
Here are temps based on age from your care sheet
Temperature:
Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 82F (28C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85-90F (29-32C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 80-85F (26-29C)

I think it is better to lift off the top of the screen. Not only does it help regulate the heat level but you lower your burn risk. They can be pretty adventurous when they are growing climbing everywhere they can. This includes hanging upside down on the top so having it lifted is great. If your temps are still to hot or cool just adjust your height. If you are dealing with a big difference you can lower your wattage or get a dimmer switch for your current dome fixture. Flukers also makes a dome fixture with a built in dimmer to adjust hotter or cooler. :)

I need to! I'm just paranoid it's not perfect yet lol
Right but what if he has your perfect forever baby! You don't want to miss out on getting him. I am sure he will work with you on holding until you have all the kinks worked out :) Plus it doesnt hurt to look lol. FYI I am now living vicariously through you :p

I’m so thankful you guys are here!! He started bulging one of his eyes out and I totally freaked and ran to my computer to search here for “eye popping” you guys saved the day because apparently this is a normal thing

Back
Top Bottom