Newbie supplement questions

comocham

I plan on purchasing a juvenile male veiled chameleon, but I live in the midwest and during some months it will be impossible to give my cham natural sunlight. I also have purchased a reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb for him. My question is how should i supplement him? Should i use calcium no phosphorus with D3 in the winter months and then use a calcium no phosphorus NO D3 in the summer occasionally using the D3? What other supplements should I use for him?

Plain calcium every other time you feed him. Calcium with D3 twice a month and multivitamins once a month. Jann

yes..

and only dust 3-4 feeders when supplementing NOT ALL OF THEM!....i made that mistake when i started out years ago..not to many people mention that very important fact..

Just a side note, LIGHTLY dust your feeders. They don't need to look like powdered doughnuts (unless you have a gravid female, then a little extra ain't a bad idea).

I used herptivite, repcal with d3, and minerAll 0 (for calcium w/o D3), and once a month (or once every two months) preformed vit A.

Back
Top Bottom