Newbie on board

Scott4335

Just got my first panther from Tom at Kilgour Chameleons. I am so fascinated with him. He is an Ambanja. I have added a few pics of his first days home......
Tom, I promise to stop asking so many questions and bombarding you with questions. You have been so informative and patient. Thanks for pointing out this forum. I am sure I will need much support on raising this beautiful animal. You have been wonderful and have bred quite a beauty in this newbies eyes.

Thanks to everyone for all the support to each other....

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 163
Welcome to the forum Scott! You have a beautiful cham there and yes, you will not be able to stop looking at him! They never look the same!!!! Happy Cham keeping!!!

Scott, he looks great and he appears to have a chameleon castle. No worries with all the questions. Like I said I raised him since he was the size of my thumb nail, so I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to ask any time, and there are many kind, and smart keepers here that will help you any time as well. I can see that boy is going to have some extreme colors in the next 6 months. Best of Luck to you and your new family member.

Last edited:
Welcome to the chameleon addiction Scott!! You are definetley off to a good start. How old is you Ambanja and have you picked a name yet??

He is 9 months old. Seems to be doing pretty well and is adjusting well. Nervous about the first couple of months - getting the routine down and ensuring his diet is right etc. This morning was the first sign of being intimidated....no hissing but he did extend his throat as you can see in the pictures. Just being camera shy. He does not have a definite name yet. My three year old comes up with many... Charlie, Roland and the latest is Sticky Pete (because of his tongue). Gotta decide soon. My son gets up in the morning and wants to feed the lizard. He has a big bearded dragon in his classroom that he is used to so he LOVES him.

Hi
New to all this also and have asked so many questions so far
Think the name of sticky Pete is awesome, you should go with that :)

Back
Top Bottom