NEWB from miami

CREEPIN

hi im a complete newb to keeping reptiles, i would like to keep a Veiled Chameleon...what do i need to buy to start to keep one??
Thanks!

PS: my space is limitted because i'm only 20 and live at home with the parents..

Thanks again!

I agree. Read what Sepioteuthis suggested. You have chosen a good cham to start with. I have 4 and they bring me a lot of pleasure! BTW - hello from Boca.

Hate to sound crude but a major consideration is money. Make sure you know how expensive chameleon keeping can be AFTER the initial outlay for your baby and it's stuff.
Be aware at some point you likely WILL need at least one trip to a reptile vet. If you don't think you can afford that (you'd be surprised how often I read that)
There is often an emergency (or at the very least, drama) waiting in the wings.

Don't mean to put you off, but it's always good to have both eyes open.

That being said ... welcome. Hope you join the addiction!:D

I agree. Read what Sepioteuthis suggested. You have chosen a good cham to start with. I have 4 and they bring me a lot of pleasure! BTW - hello from Boca.

will do...thanks!
any suggestion on a local breeder? the nearest pet shop that has them, wants 99$ for a baby... i think its like 1.5 months old

Welcome!

My recommendation is to start with doing a search of old forum posts and reading through websites such as www.chameleonnews.com and www.raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com.

I could just give you a list of things to buy, but there's a lot more to keeping a chameleon than just buying the right set up. :)

And never hesitate to ask any questions here on the forums.

- Suzanne
thanks, will do

Hate to sound crude but a major consideration is money. Make sure you know how expensive chameleon keeping can be AFTER the initial outlay for your baby and it's stuff.
Be aware at some point you likely WILL need at least one trip to a reptile vet. If you don't think you can afford that (you'd be surprised how often I read that)
There is often an emergency (or at the very least, drama) waiting in the wings.

Don't mean to put you off, but it's always good to have both eyes open.

That being said ... welcome. Hope you join the addiction!:D

with pets, responsibility comes hand in hand...
i have a saltwater fish tank..i know about the "after costs" lol

Back
Top Bottom