New Veils?

Ozzie2011

We just got back from the Repticon Show and I bought a 3-4 month old Male veil and my friend bought one out of the same bunch, a male also. That was 10am this morning and now it is 6:15pm and my Veil has eaten a total of 7 tiny dusted crickets and my friends veil hasn't eaten any and we are cup feeding them so we can monitor how much they are eating. Is there anything else we can do to get hers to eat or should she take him back tomorrow before the show ends? Also mine has drank water and hers hasn't.

We just got back from the Repticon Show and I bought a 3-4 month old Male veil and my friend bought one out of the same bunch, a male also. That was 10am this morning and now it is 6:15pm and my Veil has eaten a total of 7 tiny dusted crickets and my friends veil hasn't eaten any and we are cup feeding them so we can monitor how much they are eating. Is there anything else we can do to get hers to eat or should she take him back tomorrow before the show ends? Also mine has drank water and hers hasn't.

Sometimes it can take several days for chams to settle in to new surroundings. which means they may not eat or drink for that amount of time. you cant force them,. jsut leavce the cham alone, give food and water, and then give it time.

Thanks Camimom, I guess she doesn't need to give up so soon. Glad my guy is eating so well but mine was a bit bigger also so maybe mine was always a piggy. I am already so in-love with Ozzie :)

Thanks Camimom, I guess she doesn't need to give up so soon. Glad my guy is eating so well but mine was a bit bigger also so maybe mine was always a piggy. I am already so in-love with Ozzie :)

Oftentimes, the young ones are all pigs. My male veiled Kink is 2 months and eats 10-20 crickets a day. And no, she doesnt need to give up. They can be finiky, especially when they have been disrupted, like moving homes.

Sometimes, they will go on food strikes because they get bored with a staple food. Or they just aren'y hungry. Adults sometimes eat every other day. Others swear of crickets for weeks or even months. Some wont eat for a while. WHen I first brought Kink home, he didnt eat and i didn't see him drink, for over 4 days.
SIde note- you may not often see them drink, but as long as their urate is white and their eyes aren't sunken, then they are most likely properly hydrated.

Good luck with Ozzie, and welcome to the addiction!

How many Crickets should they eat in a day? Ozzie has eaten 7 since we have had him and I bet he would eat more but I don't want to over feed him. Thanks Camimom I am just smitten with this lil guy and it is because of you all on this forum is why I am doing things the right way so Thanks a million again :)

How many Crickets should they eat in a day? Ozzie has eaten 7 since we have had him and I bet he would eat more but I don't want to over feed him. Thanks Camimom I am just smitten with this lil guy and it is because of you all on this forum is why I am doing things the right way so Thanks a million again :)

Let him eat as much as he can. When they are babies just feed them all the crickets they can eat. just make sure you try to take out any live ones at night so they dont munch on your cham.

[however, i free range my crickets in my cage and my cham hasnt been munched once, but i feed pinheads and smalls]

Thanks again Camimom. The crickets we were sold are not pin heads but the size up which are prolly concidered smalls and they do seem to perch on the chams heads alot LOL! I will make sure no live crickets are in his habitat at night. :) I have pictures of my lil man that I will load up and post tomorrow. Good night everyone.

Thanks again Camimom. The crickets we were sold are not pin heads but the size up which are prolly concidered smalls and they do seem to perch on the chams heads alot LOL! I will make sure no live crickets are in his habitat at night. :) I have pictures of my lil man that I will load up and post tomorrow. Good night everyone.

crix size should be distance between eyes

Back
Top Bottom