New Veiled Owner Seeking Advice

captain

Hello! I am a new veiled chameleon owner. My little guy's name is Captain. I was reading in the forums and saw someone had another new owner fill out this little questionnaire so I copied and pasted it. I put my answer in blue and would love some feedback from the experts. I am trying to adapt his home into something much healthier for him so he can be the happiest he can.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Boy, Veiled Chameleon, I think about 2 months old. I have had him for five days now. I had wanted a chameleon for a while and did some research (not a full in depth one until I came home with him). For my birthday my sister bought him for me at Petco(I now know isn't the best place to get them).
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I took him out of his cage once a day for about 10-15 minutes at a time. He mostly just crawled to the top of my head and stayed there. I did give him a break yesterday and did not handle him at all because I read he needs time to acclimate to his new home first, so I will start again in a few more days. I also took him out just because I got new stuff for his cage and needed to place them in there.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Right now I am feeding him crickets and meal worms(I now realize are not good and will be switching those out). He has been eating! I give him about 5 crickets and 5 meal worms in the morning. I just started to gut load. I put collard greens, carrots, oranges and a little bit of the calcium without D3 in the cage with the crickets. I do need suggestions on what to put the crickets in and keep them in when I gut load them so I can separate a few at a time instead of gut loading all at once. Also what do I put in the cage with the other crickets to keep them alive?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Right now I have Repti calcium without D3. I heard that wasn't the best brand so I would love suggestions on better brands because I still need to get him calcium with D3 and a multivitamin. I will be dusting his feeders with the calcium without D3 Mon-Sat. On Sunday I will alternate between the multivitamin and calcium with D3.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I got him a Neptonian brand fountain dripper. Not sure if this is helpful because I have yet to see/read anyone else with one. I also add some of the calcium into the water. Again not sure if that is okay? Besides that I mist at least twice a day for 3 minutes, morning and night. Occasionally when I am home I do a short 30 second misting in the afternoon. I have not seen him drink at all.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? He pooped about once a day. It was a solid poop with his uriate ( I think is the word) was white or slightly yellow. This was noticed from his first few days. I ended up buying a layer of moss to use ass substrate, which again I found is not the best for them. I will be removing that today and will start daily checking his poop again. What should I be looking out for?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I have no history on him because he was bought at Petco (I'm sorry)
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? He is currently in an all screen cage right now. I bought clear shower curtain fabric that I will be lining the back of his cage with when it gets here. I need his humidity level to rise and I want to prevent water from getting on my wall behind him. He is in a smaller cage at the moment. I did get the unfortunate chameleon kit. I think its about 30 inches in height. I know he will need a bigger cage. About when though will he need the adult size cage. I know the sooner the better, but I am trying to update everything so it is getting fairly pricy. If I can wait a little longer on this it would be helpful.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I did upgrade his lights from that kit!. He now has a Zilla Slimline Tropical 25 UVB T8 bulb and 75 w basking light. I turn on the UVB at 7:00am and It goes off at 7:00pm. His basking light goes on at 8am and turns off at 6pm. I mist a half hour in-between those times. I would also be interested in getting a timed lighting thing, so please give me suggestions on how to make that happen.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I try to keep the temperature between 70-75 f. It doesn't go under 60 degrees at night and stays around 65. I measure the temps right now with a digital thermo-hydrometer. I will be buying a temperature gun so I can know the specifics because right now that's about all I know. I don't know how else to measure the range and importantly the basking spot until then.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? right now my humidity levels are low. It stays around 30% which I know needs to be more like 50-60%. I am going to buy some plants (and wash before I put in) today to help increase the humidity level. I also bought clear shower curtain fabric to place on the back outside of the cage. I do measure the humidity with the thermo-hydrometer. So hopefully this will rise soon.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I sadly open have fake plants in his cage right now. I will be going out today to buy some live ones. I was thinking about pothos and Philodendron. However whatever I get I will be double checking to make sure its on the safe list. Please feel free to give me recommendations on the best plants.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is on a short table on my room. Right now it is just under my head if I stand directly next to it. I know this is a little to short but when I get the adult cage it will be taller then me in this spot. I do make sure to always bend or go on my knees when I am near the cage. No vans or vents are next to it and I always keep my door shut so no high traffic.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? central valley in California
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. I really just want to know the changes I need to make and what priorities these changes lay in. I am doing my best to be as quick as possible because I know I started with the basic mistake of the chameleon kit. I am constantly doing research and watching videos on how to care for my chameleon. I will post pictures later today of his cage after I make the few changes I was referring to above. Any feedback and resources are so greatly appreciated.

I’ll be putting my replies in red.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Boy, Veiled Chameleon, I think about 2 months old. I have had him for five days now. I had wanted a chameleon for a while and did some research (not a full in depth one until I came home with him). For my birthday my sister bought him for me at Petco(I now know isn't the best place to get them).
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I took him out of his cage once a day for about 10-15 minutes at a time. He mostly just crawled to the top of my head and stayed there. I did give him a break yesterday and did not handle him at all because I read he needs time to acclimate to his new home first, so I will start again in a few more days. I also took him out just because I got new stuff for his cage and needed to place them in there.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Right now I am feeding him crickets and meal worms(I now realize are not good and will be switching those out). He has been eating! I give him about 5 crickets and 5 meal worms in the morning. I just started to gut load. I put collard greens, carrots, oranges and a little bit of the calcium without D3 in the cage with the crickets. I do need suggestions on what to put the crickets in and keep them in when I gut load them so I can separate a few at a time instead of gut loading all at once. Also what do I put in the cage with the other crickets to keep them alive? Sounds like you already know that mealworms aren’t good for chams. Crickets are fine, but definitely add more variety of feeders. I don’t truly ‘gutload’, but rather feed my bugs the items on the gutload list so that they are kept healthy which will naturally make them more nutritious for my cham. Attaching feeder and ’gutload’ sheets for you. Some of the feeders, like silkworms and roaches, you’ll probably need to order on line. For a great way to contain your feeders, I love this https://tkchameleons.com/products/shooting-gallery?variant=30018608595032
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Right now I have Repti calcium without D3. I heard that wasn't the best brand so I would love suggestions on better brands because I still need to get him calcium with D3 and a multivitamin. I will be dusting his feeders with the calcium without D3 Mon-Sat. On Sunday I will alternate between the multivitamin and calcium with D3. As far as I know, Repti cal is ok. To make your life easier and to provide a source of vitamin A, I’d suggest getting Reptivite WITH D3. You’d use that just once every other week. It’s your multivitamin and D3 combined.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I got him a Neptonian brand fountain dripper. Not sure if this is helpful because I have yet to see/read anyone else with one. I hate to tell you, but that needs to go. Not only will chams not usually drink from it, but no matter how clean you keep it, it breeds bacteria. I also add some of the calcium into the water. Again not sure if that is okay? Nope, no need to do this. Besides that I mist at least twice a day for 3 minutes, morning and night. Perfect! Occasionally when I am home I do a short 30 second misting in the afternoon. Perfect! I have not seen him drink at all. Many chameleons are very secretive about drinking, so no worries.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? He pooped about once a day. It was a solid poop with his uriate ( I think is the word) was white or slightly yellow. This was noticed from his first few days. I ended up buying a layer of moss to use ass substrate, which again I found is not the best for them. No moss, no substrate at all. I will be removing that today and will start daily checking his poop again. What should I be looking out for? Poos should be little formed pellets with the urate being white to having a little bit of yellow. You won’t be able to see any parasites without a microscope. It’s always a good idea to have a check done by a vet.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. I have no history on him because he was bought at Petco (I'm sorry) You are not alone! Many of us have for various reasons gotten Petco chams.
** As we both seem to be quite yappy , I have to separate this into 2 separate posts.

F58AD6CE-1CFF-45A5-983F-3EC0C431DB49.jpeg
80B66E19-25D3-48E7-A897-B4F8AF7B27A0.jpeg

The conclusion....
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? He is currently in an all screen cage right now. I bought clear shower curtain fabric that I will be lining the back of his cage with when it gets here. You’ll want to put this on the outside and it could wrap around to the sides a bit too. I need his humidity level to rise no, you don’t - see below and I want to prevent water from getting on my wall behind him. He is in a smaller cage at the moment. I did get the unfortunate chameleon kit. I think its about 30 inches in height. I know he will need a bigger cage. About when though will he need the adult size cage. I know the sooner the better, but I am trying to update everything so it is getting fairly pricy. If I can wait a little longer on this it would be helpful. Yes, the sooner the better for his upgrade. I’m going to say that by the time he starts showing his ‘bars’ is when he should be in his grown up enclosure. If memory serves, that’s around 4 months old. They grow very fast! Minimum size is 2x2x4’. These are nice https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I did upgrade his lights from that kit!. He now has a Zilla Slimline Tropical 25 UVB T8 bulb and 75 w basking light. I turn on the UVB at 7:00am and It goes off at 7:00pm. Times are perfect - light isn’t. You’ll need a T5 ho fixture with a 5.0 or Arcadia 6% uvb bulb for best uvb levels and range. It needs to be long enough to span the width of the enclosure and then basking should be about 8“ below the light. His basking light goes on at 8am and turns off at 6pm. I mist a half hour in-between those times. I would also be interested in getting a timed lighting thing, so please give me suggestions on how to make that happen. I use these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWHQZX0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I try to keep the temperature between 70-75 f. That could go up a bit to 80.It doesn't go under 60 degrees at night and stays around 65. Perfect! I measure the temps right now with a digital thermo-hydrometer. I will be buying a temperature gun so I can know the specifics because right now that's about all I know. I don't know how else to measure the range and importantly the basking spot until then. Keep in mind that a temp gun, while useful, will only measure surface temperature. A digital thermometer with a probe is best for measuring air temp.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? right now my humidity levels are low. It stays around 30% which I know needs to be more like 50-60%. No, it is fine at 30% and you don’t want it to get above 50% during the day. I am going to buy some plants (and wash before I put in) today to help increase the humidity level. Live plants not just for humidity but for comfort and safety. Veileds eat their plant leaves and will eat fake leaves, which can lead to impaction. Lots of big pothos leaves to hide/take shade in, drink from and take the occasional nibble. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/ I also bought clear shower curtain fabric to place on the back outside of the cage. I do measure the humidity with the thermo-hydrometer. So hopefully this will rise soon.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I sadly open have fake plants in his cage right now. I will be going out today to buy some live ones. I was thinking about pothos and Philodendron. However whatever I get I will be double checking to make sure its on the safe list. Please feel free to give me recommendations on the best plants. Pothos, pothos and pothos. Lol ? link above
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is on a short table on my room. Right now it is just under my head if I stand directly next to it. I know this is a little to short but when I get the adult cage it will be taller then me in this spot. Yes, they feel safest when above us. I do make sure to always bend or go on my knees when I am near the cage. Aww...that is really sweet. ?No vans or vents are next to it and I always keep my door shut so no high traffic.
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. I really just want to know the changes I need to make and what priorities these changes lay in. I am doing my best to be as quick as possible because I know I started with the basic mistake of the chameleon kit. I am constantly doing research and watching videos on how to care for my chameleon. I will post pictures later today of his cage after I make the few changes I was referring to above. Any feedback and resources are so greatly appreciated.
So you do have some changes to make and I’ve given some links to help. Also, have you checked out Neptune the Chameleon on YouTube? She gives great and accurate info and is always adding more videos. Also, check out https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/ for Tom’s of info all thru the sight and great podcasts. When you get the new enclosure, you’ll have the common problem of how to hang plants and branches. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ make doing that so much easier!
I’d really like if you could post some pics of your current set up and chameleon. Pics can show things that words can’t.

The conclusion....
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? He is currently in an all screen cage right now. I bought clear shower curtain fabric that I will be lining the back of his cage with when it gets here. You’ll want to put this on the outside and it could wrap around to the sides a bit too. I need his humidity level to rise no, you don’t - see below and I want to prevent water from getting on my wall behind him. He is in a smaller cage at the moment. I did get the unfortunate chameleon kit. I think its about 30 inches in height. I know he will need a bigger cage. About when though will he need the adult size cage. I know the sooner the better, but I am trying to update everything so it is getting fairly pricy. If I can wait a little longer on this it would be helpful. Yes, the sooner the better for his upgrade. I’m going to say that by the time he starts showing his ‘bars’ is when he should be in his grown up enclosure. If memory serves, that’s around 4 months old. They grow very fast! Minimum size is 2x2x4’. These are nice https://www.diycages.com/collection...ducts/sc4-48x24x24-jumbo-vertical-screen-cage
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? I did upgrade his lights from that kit!. He now has a Zilla Slimline Tropical 25 UVB T8 bulb and 75 w basking light. I turn on the UVB at 7:00am and It goes off at 7:00pm. Times are perfect - light isn’t. You’ll need a T5 ho fixture with a 5.0 or Arcadia 6% uvb bulb for best uvb levels and range. It needs to be long enough to span the width of the enclosure and then basking should be about 8“ below the light. His basking light goes on at 8am and turns off at 6pm. I mist a half hour in-between those times. I would also be interested in getting a timed lighting thing, so please give me suggestions on how to make that happen. I use these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWHQZX0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I try to keep the temperature between 70-75 f. That could go up a bit to 80.It doesn't go under 60 degrees at night and stays around 65. Perfect! I measure the temps right now with a digital thermo-hydrometer. I will be buying a temperature gun so I can know the specifics because right now that's about all I know. I don't know how else to measure the range and importantly the basking spot until then. Keep in mind that a temp gun, while useful, will only measure surface temperature. A digital thermometer with a probe is best for measuring air temp.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? right now my humidity levels are low. It stays around 30% which I know needs to be more like 50-60%. No, it is fine at 30% and you don’t want it to get above 50% during the day. I am going to buy some plants (and wash before I put in) today to help increase the humidity level. Live plants not just for humidity but for comfort and safety. Veileds eat their plant leaves and will eat fake leaves, which can lead to impaction. Lots of big pothos leaves to hide/take shade in, drink from and take the occasional nibble. https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/ I also bought clear shower curtain fabric to place on the back outside of the cage. I do measure the humidity with the thermo-hydrometer. So hopefully this will rise soon.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I sadly open have fake plants in his cage right now. I will be going out today to buy some live ones. I was thinking about pothos and Philodendron. However whatever I get I will be double checking to make sure its on the safe list. Please feel free to give me recommendations on the best plants. Pothos, pothos and pothos. Lol ? link above
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is on a short table on my room. Right now it is just under my head if I stand directly next to it. I know this is a little to short but when I get the adult cage it will be taller then me in this spot. Yes, they feel safest when above us. I do make sure to always bend or go on my knees when I am near the cage. Aww...that is really sweet. ?No vans or vents are next to it and I always keep my door shut so no high traffic.
So you do have some changes to make and I’ve given some links to help. Also, have you checked out Neptune the Chameleon on YouTube? She gives great and accurate info and is always adding more videos. Also, check out https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/ for Tom’s of info all thru the sight and great podcasts. When you get the new enclosure, you’ll have the common problem of how to hang plants and branches. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ make doing that so much easier!
I’d really like if you could post some pics of your current set up and chameleon. Pics can show things that words can’t.

Thank you so much for all your input and help! Also how quickly you got back to me!:)
  • I will be purchasing the reptivite with D3
  • removing the water fountain and moss substrate
  • replacing the fake plants with live plants and placing the fake ones on the outside of the cage for more visual barriers
  • In the next pay check or two I will buy a bigger cage. Just double checking his ‘bars’ are when he develops his striping right?

For UVB can I wait until the 6 months when I need to replace the bulb to buy the T5? I know there is much debate on which one is better/okay to use.

The kit did come with a thermometer with a probe and I just probed around the cage. Bottom is about 70, Mid cage reaches 72, and basking area hits 91 when i left the probe there for a few minutes. Overall temp on the cage from the thermo hydrometer reads 75 degree right now. Are these overalls levels okay?

Also if there are any major changes I need to make when he becomes an adult, please feel free to mention them. I know they eat less and that’s about it right?

I will show you update cage later today after I fix it, but for now here is what it looks like. That picture of him is from the first day I got him. The other ones is from a few days after in his cage.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2119 2.JPG
    IMG_2119 2.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 136
  • MJWyJsW1Tsu1I6qYHNGedw.jpg
    MJWyJsW1Tsu1I6qYHNGedw.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 134
  • cq7vgWHpTS2cZeZEOa3i5A.jpg
    cq7vgWHpTS2cZeZEOa3i5A.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 138
Thank you so much for all your input and help! Also how quickly you got back to me!:)
  • I will be purchasing the reptivite with D3
  • removing the water fountain and moss substrate
  • replacing the fake plants with live plants and placing the fake ones on the outside of the cage for more visual barriers
  • In the next pay check or two I will buy a bigger cage. Just double checking his ‘bars’ are when he develops his striping right?

For UVB can I wait until the 6 months when I need to replace the bulb to buy the T5? I know there is much debate on which one is better/okay to use.

The kit did come with a thermometer with a probe and I just probed around the cage. Bottom is about 70, Mid cage reaches 72, and basking area hits 91 when i left the probe there for a few minutes. Overall temp on the cage from the thermo hydrometer reads 75 degree right now. Are these overalls levels okay?

Also if there are any major changes I need to make when he becomes an adult, please feel free to mention them. I know they eat less and that’s about it right?

I will show you update cage later today after I fix it, but for now here is what it looks like. That picture of him is from the first day I got him. The other ones is from a few days after in his cage.
Aww...he’s just a little cutie! Yes, the bars are his striping. I’m attaching a pic of when my little guy started showing his bars...when yours starts looking like that is about the time he’ll need his bigger enclosure. You do have time for getting that. Getting supplements and correct uvb should be the priority as he is growing and needs those for proper bone and general health. Unfortunately the uvb I’d like to recommend has been out of stock for a while now. This one may be ok. https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html with this bulb http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/arcadia-d3-t-5-22-inch-24-watt-6-forest-uvb/ Because they are the creators of the chameleon kit and the resulting sickness and death of many chameleons, I hate to recommend any Zoo Med products (aside from Reptivite), but https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CX5HXI2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Also, the Repti Sun uvb bulbs need to be changed every 6 months but Arcadia’s are good for one year.
Yes, as they get older you’ll want to feed him much less. By the time he’s around 8-9 months old he should be getting about 3 feeders every other day. I realized I somehow missed feeding amount. At his age he is a bit between getting fed as much as he wants twice a day to about 12-15 feeders once daily. I’d feed once daily. 1/4” crickets are probably the best size for him now. The only other change between now and when he becomes mature is as an adult his basking temp could go a little higher to around 82.
Also, keep in mind that some of the plants on the safe plant list will need separate lighting. Hibiscus has very high light needs. Pothos, philodendron and wandering Jew will do ok with no special lighting.

Hi there, I don't think it was addressed or seen but that water fountain thingy if that is what it is, should be removed. They poop in it and get bacteria and other nasty stuff and make the drinking water unclean thus causing your Cham to get sick. That's my 2 cents. :)

I dont think anyone said it yet so I just wanted to tell you that you should turn both lights on and off at the same time.
Hi @poisedon the chameleon I have all three of my lights on different timers to try and replicate the day getting brighter and warmer and vice versa. Or are yous talking about when misting?

Last edited:
I dont think anyone said it yet so I just wanted to tell you that you should turn both lights on and off at the same time.
really?? I was only doing the gap between the two lights so i can mist between. You think its better to just turn them both on/off together and then mist?

Hi there, I don't think it was addressed or seen but that water fountain thingy if that is what it is, should be removed. They poop in it and get bacteria and other nasty stuff and make the drinking water unclean thus causing your Cham to get sick. That's my 2 cents. :)
yes thank you! it was mentioned!! Im removing it today:)

really?? I was only doing the gap between the two lights so i can mist between. You think its better to just turn them both on/off together and then mist?
It’s fine the way you are doing. Like some items of husbandry, there are different ways of doing things. Some do turn their basking lights off for misting, some keep them on the same 12 hour schedule as uvb lights. Either way is fine.

Yes I do, they need a full day/night cycle just like us. Think about it this way, our sun and the light from the sun come out at the same time, not separate. I hope that makes sense. You just have to mist when you turn the lights on and off, no need for a gap.

...and I forgot the pic. :rolleyes:View attachment 284191

Here is what the cage currently looks like now. I took out the moss substrate and the water fountain. I put the plastic plants on the outside of the cage and out the new pothos plant in there. After i washed and recoiled the plant I out large rocks on top if it to cover the dirt. I know he needs way more leaves/foliage on the top. I definitely need that bigger cage so ill have room to put more plants in.

Attachments

• hQ4o8B1qQl6bwClKR8LcCg.jpg
    hQ4o8B1qQl6bwClKR8LcCg.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 6zBoWWhnSnynmc6U%+CZbw.jpg
    6zBoWWhnSnynmc6U%+CZbw.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 131
Here is what the cage currently looks like now. I took out the moss substrate and the water fountain. I put the plastic plants on the outside of the cage and out the new pothos plant in there. After i washed and recoiled the plant I out large rocks on top if it to cover the dirt. I know he needs way more leaves/foliage on the top. I definitely need that bigger cage so ill have room to put more plants in.
Ok. You’ll want to add many more branches and vines for more travel area. I use branches from outside I’ve washed with dish soap. Just avoid pine and other’s that have sap. Hanging them is a challenge but many have gotten very creative with trellis and other items. I consider the dragon ledges essential when I set up an enclosure. As your pothos grows, hang some of the vines around the branches and your cham will have even more little roads and some nice shade too.

Ok. You’ll want to add many more branches and vines for more travel area. I use branches from outside I’ve washed with dish soap. Just avoid pine and other’s that have sap. Hanging them is a challenge but many have gotten very creative with trellis and other items. I consider the dragon ledges essential when I set up an enclosure. As your pothos grows, hang some of the vines around the branches and your cham will have even more little roads and some nice shade too.
Can I see a pic of your enclosure? I've always been curious what it looks like

Back
Top Bottom