New Veiled Hatchling Question

DragonLady

My babies are starting to hatch!! I'm finally a cham-ma! I have a question though, the first one out of the egg doesn't have his eyes open - is this normal? He's walking around just fine (hasn't eaten yet, but he's less than 24 hours out of the egg). I have five more that should be hatched by the time I get home from work today, and more sweating and starting to pip, but as this is my first set of eggs, I'm not sure if he's deformed or if he will eventually open them?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My babies are starting to hatch!! I'm finally a cham-ma! I have a question though, the first one out of the egg doesn't have his eyes open - is this normal? He's walking around just fine (hasn't eaten yet, but he's less than 24 hours out of the egg). I have five more that should be hatched by the time I get home from work today, and more sweating and starting to pip, but as this is my first set of eggs, I'm not sure if he's deformed or if he will eventually open them?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

First off, CONGRATS!!!:D

It is normal for them not to eat right after they hatch. Both the panthers and tavetana I have hatched wouldnt eat for 2 to 3 days and then they wont stop!! It is also normal for them to have eyes closed right when hatched if it is what I am thinking about.

Picture064.jpg

Thanks!!

He's been out of the egg since about 6:00 a.m. and his eyes are still closed. He is walking around being very mobile, but no black eyes. Is this normal? Thanks!

Im not really sure how long mine would be meandering about with their eyes closed because I cant usually monitor them all day. But I have noticed some out of the egg and away from it still with eyes closed.

Have you tried taking him out of the hatching container and putting him in the baby enclosure/tub with brighter lights?

I now have four little ones running around. I transfered them from the incubator container to their baby home and this morning the little guy I was so worried about had his eyes open! I was really freaking out last night because the other three all had their eyes open so I was afraid he was deformed - but eyes are open today!! Thanks so much for your input Cain!

Back
Top Bottom