New veiled chameleon

Dckt100818

Hi all, this is my first post. I brought home my new veiled chameleon yesterday. I know I shouldn’t be expecting it to be running around it’s enclosure due to being stressed about it’s new surroundings. But it’s currently sat at the bottom of its enclosure. The enclosure isn’t bioactive as I wanted to walk before I ran at first. I just want to make sure my cham is ok to be honest.

Please post some photos of the cage and the chameleon.

What are the temperatures in the cage and basking area?
What specific UVB light are you using? Basking bulb...white or colored?

If you answer the questions, the best you can for now, in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health section we can check on husbandry for you.

Tbh I’ve had him since yesterday and his enclosure was on the floor. But after I posted this I rearranged the room and he’s now in a more elevated position. It was like he knew I was watching him coz at first he didn’t move. But I went for a shower and when I came back he was at the top of the enclosure basking

Tbh I’ve had him since yesterday and his enclosure was on the floor. But after I posted this I rearranged the room and he’s now in a more elevated position. It was like he knew I was watching him coz at first he didn’t move. But I went for a shower and when I came back he was at the top of the enclosure basking
Yeah, they feel more secure when they are higher up. They will watch you and one of thier things is to remain still if they feel threatened in any way. He is new so give him a chance to get use to all the new surroundings and move slowly around him until he warms up some.
Welcome to the forum

I’ve done my reading on what to look for to make sure he’s healthy etc and I have no concerns regarding that. To be honest other than appetite since moving him he’s full of beans.

Back
Top Bottom