New veiled chameleon

Paul reardon

i purchased a baby veiled chameleon about two weeks ago. They did not tell me how old he is but I’m guessing maybe two months old. He is about 4 1/2 inch long with his tail included. I go to the pet store and they say one thing and when I read stuff on line it says something else. He is in a glass cage with a screen top 12x12x19. I feed him crickets every morning and he eats all of them about 10. Is this to much for him or is that ok. From what I have read it appears that is about how much babies eat. I do spray the tank twice a day one in the morning before work and once at night however the humidity drops during the day when I am not home. I purchased a repti fogger and have it on a timer. I’m trying to get it at a good setting so the humid stays at 50 however it appears to change through out the day it could go down to 30 or as high as 70. I’m trying to get it to turn on the correct number of times during the day to maintain the proper himididty level. Also manufacturer is sending me a new one as the fogger only works if turned all the way up so it is difficulr to regulate the amount of fog right now. Any suggestions on how to get the humid to stay at 50. I just added a dripper having a hard time to have it no make a pool of water in the tank. I added this because I was concerned he was not getting enou water. I did see some white uriate when cleaning the tank. As soon as I put it in he went for the dripper. My big concern is the temp. I am using a uvb bulb 12 hours a day. Pet store said use a red heat Buono at night. I stopped using that as he did not like it and what I read said not to. So I have been using a blue uva/ heat light along with the UVB during the day. The temp in the tank stays at 88-90 with it on. The heat/uva light is the only light that provides heat. I am not sure if the heat light is enough for a basking spot. I also don’t know how to measure the temp right below the light as when I stick my hand in the tank the temp feels the same in that spot as the tank temp minus below wet it is cooler. I was thinking of just getting a basking light to use with the UVB light. Would this be a good plan as the basking light should make that one area warmer but still hep heat the tank temp up. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Paul reardon, 9 minutes ago

Please fill out the ask for help form (link in my signature below), it’ll organize your info and ask a few more questions. Post a pic of your cham, his cage, and the back of his back feet, as well, please.

The veiled care sheet here in the resources tab is a great source of info, as well.
Please fill out the ask for help form (link in my signature below), it’ll organize your info and ask a few more questions. Post a pic of your cham, his cage, and the back of his back feet, as well, please.
hi erklerose thanks for replying back but I don’t see the link for the form

Back
Top Bottom