New Unexpected Babies- help!

kenzie1214

hi! So I’m new to this site and chameleons, I know snakes n beardeds, etc but I got my first chameleon on Sunday, a Jackson. She gave birth to 11 babies yesterday between 11:30-1:30. I’ve been them n a separate tank, uvb light but no heat, House is being kept at 72. I have fruit flies but they don’t seem to be eating n they hate when I mist them with water. We’re sitting up a fogger tonight to help but I’m super worried. Everyone I ask for help tells me they’re going to die or at least some will! I want to at least try (duh!) so any help would be great. Someone suggested taking them out of the larger cage n putting them one by one in a small feeding carrier to make it easier, would this help?

About how big are the babies that she gave birth to? Mine were the size of a nickle when born. You could liquid feed them with a small plastic surage and it’s worth a try and hydrate them with it as well with small drops of water. Don’t give up on them it’s alot of work but you can do this I have all faith in you. At least you were there when birth was taking place. Babies along with adults do not like water at all. The humidifier is great for babies. Just make sure they don’t get to hot keep them low low 70s and at the very extreme high no more than 72-73 degrees basting spot if not lower like you have them at 72 you said? A small feeder carrier would be okay if and if you can put a light on them and not get extremely hot and over heat and dehydration can occur very fast. There is a mini screen enclosure you can get it’s like 12”x12”x12” by zoo med (reptibreeze) just a thought. Just keep a close eye on them as much as you can. And you could coat the screen with bees wax slightly to keep the flightless fruit flies in. I hope this helps and best of luck to you give me an update sometime.

Dean
Green chameleons (screen name)

Back
Top Bottom