New to this. Someone please help

ChloeTheCham2

Chloe is my female veiled chameleon. She is a good size and has a natural bright blue and green color. She is usually mobile and usually loves her crickets but last week when i pick crickets in her cage she only ate three out of the five. Later I noticed she started to walk around the bottom of her cage. She has never laid eggs before so I figured that may be it. Until i noticed her foot. Her right foot is slightly swollen. I misted her and she did respond and did drink but other than that she has been unresponsive. Eyes closed at all times. Lying close to her branch. She's so docile that she allows me to touch her when on a normal basis, she is cranky. Not eating anything. It's gotten to the point where I want to take her to the vet because I'm not sure what else I can do and I'm very scared.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, female, juvenile, not a baby but adult size, I've had her since June
Handling - never handle, not since I got her
Feeding - gut loaded large crickets and occasional super worms. Feed her morning time with four crickets with worm for snack.
Supplements - using flunkers calcium filled dirt for crickets and water
Watering - I must Chloe twice daily with a hand mister with hot water. I make sure I watch her drink for 4-7 minutes.
Fecal Description - often solid brown. Sometimes it's watery but not often. She has not been tested for parasites.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen cage. Zoomed reptibreeze, 24x24x48
Lighting - exo terra basking bulb and a uv bulb
Temperature ~
Humidity - only humidity created is from when i mist her.
Plants - no living plants. Planned to put a plant in for spring.
Placement - cage is in the corner of my studio. Near window. Cage is two feet high from ground to bottom.slight traffic outside.
Location ~upstate ny

If she's sleeping during the day , that's not a good signal, I'd take her to the vet , but maybe someone more experiences here can give more details

Call the vet and make an appointment first - mine was more affordable than I thought he would be. Get a laying bin in there second, if you don't have one already.
Is there any white in her poop?
You left temperature blank?

If you read the care sheets all the info you need is there, you just have to follow it.

But I seriously think you should call the vet ASAP.

I agree that a vet experienced with chameleons is needed. Here is a link to the caresheets and laying bin info if you do not already know them...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

https://www.chameleonforums.com/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video-77225/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html

I think Auto-Correct has done some funny stuff with your answers, but the supplements likely need to be looked at. At her age she definitely needs to have a laying bin available. Could you post some pictures of her?

If you do not know a good vet we may be able to locate one. What part of Upstate, NY are you near?

You all have been so helpful. I just made an appointment with a vet and Friday i am purchasing her a laying bin. She moved from her original spot and her colors are the same bright green and blue.

One area of concern is the supplementing. What is "flunkers calcium filled dirt for crickets and water"?
How is the calcium getting to the chameleon?

After your vet visit I suggest getting you chameleon on a proper calcium and multivitamin dusting schedule to prevent more health issues. All of this is detailed in the caresheets provided above by Decadancin.

Back
Top Bottom