New to the site. Some Questions..

CFree3344

Just wanted to say Hi. My name is Chad. I am new to this site. I have found a lot of interesting information.. I am really interested in getting a cham for the first time. Right now I have nothing but have been reading a lot. Mostly about habitat and tank and such. But i still do have a couple of questions. 1. I am in the chicago land area, does anyone know of any breeders in the area?.. 2. What are some of the good breeder online to order one from? I feel like I am more interested in getting a Panther. Some of the colors on them are beautiful. I think the Nosy Be is gorgeous. And they seem more docile for when cleaning the cage is necessary. So some place that has good panthers would be nice. 3. Should I go with getting a younger cham? I really want to raise one from when they are younger just to keep stress on them low. So they get used to me. is this a good idea or should I get one that is a little older. 4. Is there any place to order all the items necessary for an enclosure? Such as Cage, Lights, Water Dripper, Plants.. etc.. Thats pretty much. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long message but I am def really interested in getting one and doing it right..

CFree3344 said:
Just wanted to say Hi. My name is Chad. I am new to this site. I have found a lot of interesting information.. I am really interested in getting a cham for the first time. Right now I have nothing but have been reading a lot. Mostly about habitat and tank and such. But i still do have a couple of questions. 1. I am in the chicago land area, does anyone know of any breeders in the area?.. 2. What are some of the good breeder online to order one from? I feel like I am more interested in getting a Panther. Some of the colors on them are beautiful. I think the Nosy Be is gorgeous. And they seem more docile for when cleaning the cage is necessary. So some place that has good panthers would be nice. 3. Should I go with getting a younger cham? I really want to raise one from when they are younger just to keep stress on them low. So they get used to me. is this a good idea or should I get one that is a little older. 4. Is there any place to order all the items necessary for an enclosure? Such as Cage, Lights, Water Dripper, Plants.. etc.. Thats pretty much. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long message but I am def really interested in getting one and doing it right..
My friend is in the oakbrook area so you could go see her collection and hand pic one out...http://www.chameleoncorral.com/

CFree3344 said:
thanks.. anyone else with the other questions.. such as age and stuff.. thanks

Minimum age you should get a Chameleon at is 3 months. They are well enough established at this point to go to their new homes. Also buy from a breeder. There are many on this forum with great care and specimens, and they will mail you the cham. as far as setups and chams the only two I can think of off the top of my head is:

www.lllreptile.com
www.chameleonsonly.com

Hope this helps you out some.

Frank

good stuff

You can get everything you will need for around 150 dollars shipped from this link http://reptiledepot.com/setup.html
I bought a setup from there and it was a REALLY good deal..

I live in the chicagoland area too in oak lawn. If you're looking for panthers you could try the Chicago Reptile House. They sell panthers for around $200 They have ambilobes and Nosey Be's.

As for online dealers, a really good place to get veiled chams is a1reptiles.com ; i bought my male and female there and i couldn't be happier with my purchases. They are fantastic Sunbursts and Turquoise X Sunbursts.

The only way to know the age is by the birth date. They have extremely variable growth rates so it is any bodies guess.

As for the bump. I would suggest starting a new thread in the "Health Clinic". Put the picture and redo your story there. This will yeild you your best results. I personally have never had to deal with anything like this so I am not much help.

Back
Top Bottom