New to the Forum and Chamaleons

FFranchina

Hello everyone! My name is Franco, from South Jersey here. I've always been a nature and animal lover - having kept freshwater and saltwater fish for a long time since about age 10-11 and even kept and bred and raised seahorses for a while (fun-fact; lol). And slowly ventured into reptiles ... I currently have an array from leopard geckos, to red eyed tree frogs, and now recently a 1.1 pair of CB veiled (yemen) chameleons (I have wanted them since a young child, I was going to plunge right into panthers or carpets, but decided to gain some experience with veileds first). I purchased these guys online from Ben Siegel Reptiles and have had them for a little over two/three weeks now. They are each settled in comfortably to their own 2ft x 2ft x 4ft tall reptibreeze cages and are feeding with absolute gusto on gut loaded crickets, super worms, and wax worms as well as the occasional fruit flies that escape from feeding the baby tree frogs and bumble bee walking toads! I have them set up with their UVB and basking lights, dripping systems and have my dusting schedule down (calcium every feeding, calcium w/ D3 twice a month, and a multivitamin once a month).

I'll get some pictures of the two little fellas soon and their set-ups, they are 3-4 months old.

But I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself to the forum, so hello! :) ;)

Welcome to cf sounds like you have a great start. Enjoy the site I'll be looking forward to pics of your collection

3a9ugume.jpg

7apusama.jpg

2e5e8azu.jpg

Above are a couple pictures as promised, the chameleons are still babies - I'm aware the cages are huge for their size- but they are both feeding from hand and are eating 10-12 guy loaded crickets a day along with the occasional waxworm or superworm. They were sold to me as a pair, however I'm having a hard time identifying which is the male or female (if someone here can help me out that'd be fantastic because they're still nameless!) so they both have an egg laying box setup just in case!

Welcome to the forums! It's nice to see someone else from South Jersey here! Looks like you've got a great set-up for your little ones!

Deb

Hello there! To know which is which, look on the outside of the back feed. males have a tiny nub, females do not. Lots of people here are happy to proving info. And you did post pictures, so we already love you.:D:D:D

Where in South Jersey are you from? I grew up in Mullica Hill, and still have family there, but escaped to a land without snow about 12 years ago. Congrats on your new additions!

Back
Top Bottom