New to forum:)

redsono93

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for allowing me to be part of the forum. I'm thinking of getting a Panther Chamelon from Screameleons. I know substrate is not suggested what about reptile cage carpeting? Also I came across an awesome display cage on www.diycages.com. Front panel is sliding glass the rest is screen. Is this safe for Chameleons? I would love a clear glass to see him through:). Also I have an RO system for my Discus fish is straight RO water good for a misting system for them to drink. I appreciate all of yur help.

Welcome to the forum! Reptile carpet is fine. I prefer a bare bottom, but theirs members on here that use it.

Yes, that cage will be perfectly fine.

Good luck with your new Cham adventure!

Welcome to the forums! You will learn A LOT on here :) Personally, I don't have any substrate, I just have that plastic piece that came with my cage which is sooo easy to clean. Best of luck with your cham :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've had everything from Poison Dart Frogs to Burmese Pythons. What is the draw to Chamelons over other reptiles and amphibians? I'm okay not being able to hold and observe them. Since the Red Eye Green tree frogs and Dart frogs are the same in not wanting to be held. What I'm drawn to is the amazing coloring almost like a coral reef tank coloration. Also how the eyes seem to have a mind of their own:). How does everyone feel about building a chameleon cage when full grown? Thanks for everything :)

I've used the reptile carpet in the past. I had a few cut out so I could change it out every few days. I used it primarily before I added live plants as a way to maintain humidity levels and avoid puddles. I have since added drainage so the carpet is gone ;). As for the fron't panel being glass or acrylic, it should not be an issue. You may have to adjust misting to get the best humidity levels, but I found the acrylic front panel on my enclosure to be such a bonus! Now if my boy would only sit where we could see him it would be worth it :rolleyes:. RO water is fine! Many use it and have no issues. Welcome to the forums! :)

I've used the reptile carpet in the past. I had a few cut out so I could change it out every few days. I used it primarily before I added live plants as a way to maintain humidity levels and avoid puddles. I have since added drainage so the carpet is gone ;). As for the fron't panel being glass or acrylic, it should not be an issue. You may have to adjust misting to get the best humidity levels, but I found the acrylic front panel on my enclosure to be such a bonus! Now if my boy would only sit where we could see him it would be worth it :rolleyes:. RO water is fine! Many use it and have no issues. Welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks for the advice where can you get a massive acrylic front panel screen cage for an adult Male Panther? awesome I would think RO water would be the best for him.
Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom