New to Forum and Chameleons

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have some great people pointing you in the right direction to the care and needs of you new Chameleon. :) Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job getting things in order for the health and happiness of you new little Jean-Luc

Never thought someone I went to high school with would get a panther as well!

Welcome.

Last edited:
Hey I did get him from Climbing Chameleons, and I am using the Calcium powder they had there, I am at work right now so I don't have the name off the top of my head, I tried to give him the pheonix worms, but he just seemed disinterested in them, but once I put the crickets in he perked up and is really happy. I am going to buy a tupperware and a screen today to place under the cage. There isn't a red bulb in there, just a Blacklight bulb, it makes practically no light, it just puts a very dimm purple glow on everything, but if you guys think it is better to just not use one, and let it get cooler at night, I won't turn it on tonight :), also thank you all soo much, you have been more help then I had imagined, and I'm glad to be part of a community that is so concerned with our little ones :) When I get home I will post which duster I'm using and I will also start to take some pics of the cage with little Jean-Luc inside :)

Never thought someone I went to high school with you get a panther as well!

Welcome.

I know, after my Beardie passed away I didn't think I could get another reptile, but when I saw Jean-Luc and he rushed over to me I know it was love at first sight haha. BTW if you're still in the westchester area, I'd like you to come by and take a look at my set-up and let me know if there is anything else I should do. :)

Hey I did get him from Climbing Chameleons, and I am using the Calcium powder they had there, I am at work right now so I don't have the name off the top of my head, I tried to give him the pheonix worms, but he just seemed disinterested in them, but once I put the crickets in he perked up and is really happy. I am going to buy a tupperware and a screen today to place under the cage. There isn't a red bulb in there, just a Blacklight bulb, it makes practically no light, it just puts a very dimm purple glow on everything, but if you guys think it is better to just not use one, and let it get cooler at night, I won't turn it on tonight :), also thank you all soo much, you have been more help then I had imagined, and I'm glad to be part of a community that is so concerned with our little ones :) When I get home I will post which duster I'm using and I will also start to take some pics of the cage with little Jean-Luc inside :)

Good, i did see that they had good looking Ambliobe babies and that one 4-5 month old Ambliobe Panther in the far left cage by himself. (from squinting my eyes at your avatar, i think you got that one). If so, good pick!

Yea, they all come in like that. Very cricket active. But leave in the Phoenix worms , once he takes one he will take them all. It's good to get them feeding on different stuff. Makes life easy as a owner when feeding time comes, like if you were out of one feeder (crickets), etc.

I am 90% sure you got the Repashy Cal PLUS daily.(had a RED cap). If this is the case , then you are set. Dust daily with it and done.
CLIMBINGCHAMS.jpg

Chams experience a natural temp drop in the wild. So unless it's super cold in your place at night (under 60*), then don't provide any heat source at night.

Last edited:

Its best to leave the light off at night.
they like darkness to sleep, and they need a good 10-15 deg temp drop to sleep at night anyway. so you can just remove it.

Good, i did see that they had good looking Ambliobe babies and that one 4-5 month old Ambliobe Panther in the far left cage by himself. (from squinting my eyes at your avatar, i think you got that one). If so, good pick!

Yea, they all come in like that. Very cricket active. But leave in the Phoenix worms , once he takes one he will take them all. It's good to get them feeding on different stuff. Makes life easy as a owner when feeding time comes, like if you were out of one feeder (crickets), etc.

I am 90% sure you got the Repashy Cal PLUS daily.(had a RED cap). If this is the case , then you are set. Dust daily with it and done.
CLIMBINGCHAMS.jpg

Chams experience a natural temp drop in the wild. So unless it's super cold in your place at night (under 60*), then don't provide any heat source at night.

That was my Little Jean-Luc in the far left cage towards the afternoon. also I did get the repashy cal plus and the vitamin supp. I didn't give him a heat source last night, and he seems perfectly happy :) he has been drinking and eating and has even gone poop :) never thought I'd be really happy to say that lol. I will post pics of the current set-up soon, but keep in mind it is a slight work in progress. :-D

That was my Little Jean-Luc in the far left cage towards the afternoon. also I did get the repashy cal plus and the vitamin supp. I didn't give him a heat source last night, and he seems perfectly happy :) he has been drinking and eating and has even gone poop :) never thought I'd be really happy to say that lol. I will post pics of the current set-up soon, but keep in mind it is a slight work in progress. :-D

I have a great memory. lol

Are you female?.. If so, were you with a dude holding one of Climbing Chameleon's Adult Ambliobes? (he was a handsome red body , blue bar).

If so.. Then that is the back of your head in the pic i posted above.:rolleyes:

You'll come to find out, that alot of us get excited over our chameleons poo. and many of us even post pictures of it.
Welcome to the addiction... i mean forum.

some pics

I have an underbed storage container with a fiberglass mesh under the cage for drainage.

Attachments

• 2012-01-08_14-56-49_547.jpg
    2012-01-08_14-56-49_547.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 2012-01-10_18-19-34_321.jpg
    2012-01-10_18-19-34_321.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 2012-01-11_08-41-55_515.jpg
    2012-01-11_08-41-55_515.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 2012-01-11_08-42-04_537.jpg
    2012-01-11_08-42-04_537.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2012-01-11_08-42-13_102.jpg
    2012-01-11_08-42-13_102.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 85
I have a great memory. lol

Are you female?.. If so, were you with a dude holding one of Climbing Chameleon's Adult Ambliobes? (he was a handsome red body , blue bar).

If so.. Then that is the back of your head in the pic i posted above.:rolleyes:

HAHA I think that's the back of my Girlfriend's head, I am a guy :)

no wait I'm not sure that is us, we didn't get to see the adult one, I had them put my little guy in the big cage, we didn't get to the show until about 1pm...

Also feel free to check out my photos on page 3 and give me suggestions, my mistking hasn't arrived yet, so I will have to make a few changes to the cage anyway.

HAHA I think that's the back of my Girlfriend's head, I am a guy :)
Lol. Well that wasn't you guys. But i definatly saw your Cham.:D

no wait I'm not sure that is us, we didn't get to see the adult one, I had them put my little guy in the big cage, we didn't get to the show until about 1pm...

Yea i left right around 1pm (i got there ar 9:50am), lol

Cage looks good, some vines a little higher up would be good, maybe another plant .Try to have a vine or stick a lil higher for his basking spot, so it's a lil closer to the UVB and basking lamp. I would also do away with that bowl, unless you have it there for a reason. Other than that , it all looks good.

Last edited:
I also personally don't like water to sit above anything electrical. :cool:

I don't either but for now, the cage is too tall for me to hang it on the Dome fixture holder, and it ends up keeping the water slightly warm. but once the mistking arrives I'm gonna figure something else out. Also I use that bowl to put phoenix worms in so that they don't wedge themselves btwn the floor and the cage. I will put some vines in there when I put the mistking up. Thanks so much all :)

Back
Top Bottom