New to Chameleons

Emma03

Hello, my name is Emma and I have a newly adopted chameleon named bean. Bean is currently shedding and he is doing so very slowly. I was wondering if he’s sick. He also was very friendly for the first 2-3 days and now he’s trying to bite more often. Is that normal? Should I be concerned of any health issues that could be going on? He gets fed well and plenty of water. Also if anybody could help identify roughly how old he is. I would greatly appreciate that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 8915EB32-2035-4139-8CBF-40C12035FA36.jpeg
    8915EB32-2035-4139-8CBF-40C12035FA36.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 5456879B-F1C7-4D26-A3B6-715C4A5ECF9A.jpeg
    5456879B-F1C7-4D26-A3B6-715C4A5ECF9A.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
looks like a female to me, if you want, we can make sure your husbandry is set up correctly! just fill out this form! its a good way to make sure you're caring for her properly

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

I have a small lay bin. But my cage is small that it stays in most of its time, it has a slightly larger one for basking when the sun is out. But it does not come to the bottom, even though there is soil around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 95
oh boy, the minimum for a veiled is a 2x2x4 please go to the resources tab and go to the veiled chameleon care sheet and read up on them, you need to get what she needs asap or she will not live long

I just spoke to the store, I’m going to return her since I don’t want her to suffer at all
don't let this discourage you from the hobby though, I recommend putting some time and effort into researching and when you have all you need then try again! although I would buy from a professional breeder if there is a next time! this is a wonderful hobby to be in and we would love for you to join, I can tell you care very much about her and I'm sure you can transfer that passion to a hobby that takes a lot of devotion and love. consider the possibilities and if its too much finance, try craigslist or offer up! theyre great sites to find second hand items like chameleon cages!

Back
Top Bottom