New setup

Lexous258

Hello guys, i would love to know your opinion on this new setup for yemen, its 3x2x1,5 feet. But my cham is still in shadow , down in the terrarium even if i turn off his basking lamp its not hot in there thermometer shows 24 degrees celsius and with basking bulb on its 30 , i mist before lamp turn on and after they turn off to simulate his real enviroment.I feed him crickets , grasshoppers and once a week one superworm. Everyday calcium+pollen and every 14 days vitamins +d3. I gutload my feeders with carrots and apples most. Lightning is arcadia proT5 and basking is 100w.
So where is problem?

Attachments

• 01BDDE46-A452-4F2B-AFB5-820CFE04788D.jpeg
    01BDDE46-A452-4F2B-AFB5-820CFE04788D.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 2CFC6252-18DA-45E1-8D81-83AB1C6693F5.jpeg
    2CFC6252-18DA-45E1-8D81-83AB1C6693F5.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 107
Well he is a beautiful boy! Is the cage in an area of your house with a lot of traffic? How high is the cage off the floor? That would be another option since you can't get the taller cage is to put it on a taller cabinet. Getting him up higher then you. I would add to your gutload for your insects... But that is all I see. The temp for basking is slightly lower then the 90 degrees. Are you positive that your analog gauges are working? Those are known to give incorrect temps and humidity levels. I would get either a temp gun or wired digital gauges where you can put the probe at basking to get an exact temp. If it is showing 85 at basking then it would be correct for him because it would be 88ish where he sits higher.

Here is an image for gutloading that may be helpful.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

In my country this is the largest i can buy ,the exoterra large x tall is bit wider but not higher
The wider would definitely be better than nothing :) not a lot of vertical space is usually used by chams, but he would definitely appreciate more horizontal space to move in and out of heat gradients etc. As long as you have good cover in your enclosure, which it seems you do, and you put the enclosure up high on a dresser or something like that, then the large exoterra should work well for you. You could also try your hand at building your own!

The wider would definitely be better than nothing :) not a lot of vertical space is usually used by chams, but he would definitely appreciate more horizontal space to move in and out of heat gradients etc. As long as you have good cover in your enclosure, which it seems you do, and you put the enclosure up high on a dresser or something like that, then the large exoterra should work well for you. You could also try your hand at building your own!

Without the height I would be concerned that proper temp/uv gradients would be possible. The bigger the better in all ways! Cant wait to shove two 2x2x4s together!

Without the height I would be concerned that proper temp/uv gradients would be possible. The bigger the better in all ways! Cant wait to shove two 2x2x4s together!
Oh for sure, the enclosure I'm making is 45x24x44, bigger always! But if that's all OP has available to them, then as long as there is a dense cover for their cham to avoid heat and UV then it's better than nothing!

Back
Top Bottom