New setup! Is it ok?

Matt1851

Hey guys i just bought a new plant today! it was wayyyyy to big so i trimmed it today. as you can see in the pics the plant takes up most of the terrarium. and i got a sick going across about 8 inches from the heat lamp and a big vine next to it. is this ok or should i resort to my old setup untill i get my bigger terrarium?

100_3024.jpg

100_3025.jpg

100_3027.jpg

100_3028.jpg

and heres the old setup
100_2972.jpg

Hey there :) I see you're from Toronto! Where did you get your cute little cham?

Is it possible that you could take each individual plant and repot them? I took each stem with the root and put each one in a pot and spread it out throughout the enclosure. That way it's not so tight together.

whoa thats a big plant! lol.

it will probably be ok tho because your cham is small and he will be able to hide in the plant if he wants to....chances are the plant will thin out on its own being in the cage. At least that is what happens to mine :rolleyes:

I do like your old set up too.. I like the swirling vines very nice

whoa thats a big plant! lol.

it will probably be ok tho because your cham is small and he will be able to hide in the plant if he wants to....chances are the plant will thin out on its own being in the cage. At least that is what happens to mine :rolleyes:

I do like your old set up too.. I like the swirling vines very nice

I agree - your old set up was pretty awesome.

Hey there :) I see you're from Toronto! Where did you get your cute little cham?

Is it possible that you could take each individual plant and repot them? I took each stem with the root and put each one in a pot and spread it out throughout the enclosure. That way it's not so tight together.

i got him from a store on kennedy road called all reptiles, they know nothing about chams..... and yeah i like my old setup too but im planning to upgrade my terrarium to a 24x24x48 and that plant will look very small :)

All reptiles is a good store, but I would also say they do not specialize in chameleons, awesome to find more and more keepers in Toronto area!

i got him from a store on kennedy road called all reptiles, they know nothing about chams..... and yeah i like my old setup too but im planning to upgrade my terrarium to a 24x24x48 and that plant will look very small :)

That will work well :)

We are working on cham specialization for next year .. just preparing our second floor with enclosures now :) We will be getting many species of chams so you don't have to deal with CITES. Right now we specialize in snakes but my brother has been breeding chams for 15 years :) You should come check us out sometime - Tails and Scales @ Keele/Dundas

We are working on cham specialization for next year .. just preparing our second floor with enclosures now :) We will be getting many species of chams so you don't have to deal with CITES. Right now we specialize in snakes but my brother has been breeding chams for 15 years :) You should come check us out sometime - Tails and Scales @ Keele/Dundas

i definatly will one day! maybe you guys can hook me up with a job in your cham section ;) haha out of all the pet stores iv been to i noticed i have to educate the reptile department.... lol

I LOVE tails and scales, I am going to pm you about some ball pythons I am interested in.

i definatly will one day! maybe you guys can hook me up with a job in your cham section ;) haha out of all the pet stores iv been to i noticed i have to educate the reptile department.... lol

He will need help in the future - cham lovers only :) Once we have everything completed, I'll let you know. I have you on my friends list!

He will need help in the future - cham lovers only :) Once we have everything completed, I'll let you know. I have you on my friends list!

sounds like a plan! i love chameleons, as soon as my gf got a veiled i was like iv always wanted one!! now that im older i can see why my parents wouldnt get me one $$$ haha ever since i got charlie i have fallen in love with them!

Back
Top Bottom