New Setup (After Moving)

Fuego

How’s it look?

I currently am using the T5 HO UVB Bulb (36”)

A cage that is 36” wide X 18” Deep X 48” Tall

All 5 live plants repotted and given new organic natural soil + compost.

72W Bulb for Basking

And 2 grow light fixtures that should aid for plant growth. (One on back side, one on top)

Shower curtain on 2 sides and back

A mister that goes off every 8 hours: (because it’s hard to keep humidity up)
9:00am
5:00pm
1:00am

And all lights turn off at 9pm and turn back on at 9am.

image.jpg

302FBE86-8CEF-4895-B734-45F264047715.jpeg
51C84977-AB3E-469F-98DF-F6F520432E93.jpeg
302FBE86-8CEF-4895-B734-45F264047715.jpeg
7B9874CD-8127-4699-ACA5-C6B9BCB2EC45.jpeg
D7AF30A3-7F99-491A-839B-2F27AA469E1C.jpeg
32CAB2BB-6F0E-4B82-8C87-21D01C323CD2.jpeg

The taller plant has started to show signs of lack of light, so thats why I added the 2nd grow light.

Hi there, always great some out of box ideas. Two things I would recommend, as mentioned those colored leds aren´t good for your chameleons eyes, especially the red ones. They will cause harm in long terms, causing eye issues. And if possible I would reposition the cage away from your tv and try to get elevated at the height where the chameleon is at least your eye level or preferable above eye level. This will reduce stress with them and gives a secure feeling. Imaging how they will feel when they wanna sleep and a big bright screen with moving things is above them. In their world everything above them that moves is a predator.

Hi there, always great some out of box ideas. Two things I would recommend, as mentioned those colored leds aren´t good for your chameleons eyes, especially the red ones. They will cause harm in long terms, causing eye issues. And if possible I would reposition the cage away from your tv and try to get elevated at the height where the chameleon is at least your eye level or preferable above eye level. This will reduce stress with them and gives a secure feeling. Imaging how they will feel when they wanna sleep and a big bright screen with moving things is above them. In their world everything above them that moves is a predator.
What light would u recommend I get for the plant growth ?

As already mentioned the colored LED are not ok for use with chams. I use the jungle dawn as well.

Which T5HO bulb are you using? Your distance to basking is really close so this is one thing that should be reviewed. Especially since the UVB is not having to pass between screen that will cause a reduction. This means the UVB has to be farther away. With a T5HO single bulb fixture and a 5.0 or 6% bulb you would have to have the UVB 11-12 inches above the highest branches below it.

Also TV above the cage is something I would not do. Besides moisture that is going to be a stressful thing for the cham to see above it. And if it is on at night it will create light disturbing the chams sleep schedule.

The cage interior looks great! I just have a few more suggestions; the lights on the side of the cage need to be removed, all lights should on top of the cage. You'll need to upgrade to digital thermometers, hygrometers, and/or combos, with probes and/or without, for accurate readings, too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom