new set up

apple

hi everyone i am new to this site today my flap neck chams arrived they are soo cute and big here are few pix tell me what u think give some suggestions

DSC02156.jpg

the feeder plate
DSC02155.jpg

uvb light

DSC02153.jpg

night glo sunglo bulbs
DSC02152.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

the setup from the outside
DSC02161.jpg

this is the man
DSC02160.jpg

this is the little lady shes so beautiful
DSC02159.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02157-1.jpg

pthoes plant

i will post up more pix

well i took a baking tub kinda thing and filled it with soil for when she gets pregnant and the water is dripping into there and keeping the soil moist....any suggestions??

more vegitation and split them up would be my sugjestions even if it is a large cage they will do better seprate.

well i took a baking tub kinda thing and filled it with soil for when she gets pregnant and the water is dripping into there and keeping the soil moist....any suggestions??
If the water from your dripping and misting sessions is only managing to keep the soil in the baking tub 'moist', then I don't think you are providing enough water to your chameleon.

There should be enough water going through that cage each day to at least leave sizeable puddles on your floor (which is why you'll need a better drainage system), and at least enough to fill that baking tub with water...

Plus, as Hempa said, that baking tub is no good as an egg-laying site. You need a deeper tub.

yes i have a uvb bulb its the long one in the pictures i have alot of water big puddles on the bottom any idea of a drainage system for the repterium ?? and the baking thing is like 4-5 inches deep do i need deeper? give me some ideas guys your being very helpful thanx alot

I know Jordan has used Reptariums and set up drainage trays for them. Perhaps you could PM him and find out what ideas he has.
Otherwise, try reading this thread for some drainage ideas:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/scrappy-anyone-screen-bottom-1740/

and the baking thing is like 4-5 inches deep do i need deeper?
Like Kinyonga mentioned in your other thread, flap-necks will lay eggs about 30cm deep: that's 12 inches! So yes, you probably need a much deeper egg-laying tray.
What a lot of people do is use a smaller/shallower sand box in the cage, and then when the chameleon starts digging to lay eggs, they will move her into a much bigger, more appropriate laying container. The disadvantage of this is that you have to be very attentive to your chameleons, and make sure that you catch them when they start digging. For novice chameleon keepers, it is sometimes difficult to tell the signs of when the female is about to lay eggs, so sometimes this can be problematic.
Check out Will Hayward's post on this thread - it has great photos of a proper egg-laying container (plus plenty other nesting/breeding related advice): https://www.chameleonforums.com/hello-just-got-pair-3671/

i need new cage and i think im gonna have to get another flex cnt find any cage anywhere if i do get a big one i wud like to find a draining idea wud b so much easier

Back
Top Bottom