new senegal chameleon not eating

tinychameleon

My boyfriend and I bought a Senegal chameleon 2 days ago. She has been climbing and drinking but has not eaten anything since we brought her home. She even let a cricket climb on her. When this happened she turned brown and looked freaked out. It was a big cricket and I took it out and put smaller ones in her cage but she still has not eaten. Does anyone know what's going on??:confused:

We need more information. There are some questions in the health section in a post "how to ask for help" that you could fill out to give us more information.
It could be that she is just getting used to her new home.

How old is she?
What is the basking temperature in the cage?
Can you post a picture of her please?

she is about 2 months old
basking temp is 78
021.jpg

well she shouldnt be on the ground. the substrate has to go. bare floors. try taking everything out and put in vines and a small ficus or umbrella plant. what kind of lighting, cage, etc are you using. check the how "how to ask for help", because i think you jumped into a chameleon to quickly without researching. and usually chameleons wont eat the first few days they are in their new homes.

Good luck

We need more information. There are some questions in the health section in a post "how to ask for help" that you could fill out to give us more information.
It could be that she is just getting used to her new home.

How old is she?
What is the basking temperature in the cage?
Can you post a picture of her please?
i am hoping that she is just getting used to her new house.

well she shouldnt be on the ground. the substrate has to go. bare floors. try taking everything out and put in vines and a small ficus or umbrella plant. what kind of lighting, cage, etc are you using. check the how "how to ask for help", because i think you jumped into a chameleon to quickly without researching. and usually chameleons wont eat the first few days they are in their new homes.

Good luck
thank you
my boyfriend bought it without telling me and now i have to do all the research to care for it.

Back
Top Bottom