New Russian Tort!

FlChamMom

Avid Member
This is my new, as yet unnamed male Russian tortoise. I have wanted one for years but he was somewhat of an impulse buy. He was in a tiny enclosure at Petsmart clawing at the glass. He'll now live in a 3' x 5' tortoise table. That is until I talk my husband into adding a turtle run into our back yard landscaping.
20160113_131456.jpg

Awwww very cute! I want a tortoise some day, but I won't even consider it until I have a yard for him.

Aww, I have a Russian Tortoise too. Her name is Michelle. I rescued her from a craigslist ad. They had her in a Rubbermaid tote that basically allowed her to swivel around on an axis.....that's it. I felt so bad for her. She is better now and so happy. She eats like a pig. I have had her for 9 years. This is her over winter enclosure. It is 10' x 2.5'. She is kept outside the majority of the year...but I always bring her in over winter. She has always dug a burrow to hibernate...but I have always been to scared to leave her out. Tortoises are so cool. Glad you brought that new guy home from his glass prison. He will be so much happier now!!
IMAG1105.jpg IMAG1108.jpg

Aww, I have a Russian Tortoise too. Her name is Michelle. I rescued her from a craigslist ad. They had her in a Rubbermaid tote that basically allowed her to swivel around on an axis.....that's it. I felt so bad for her. She is better now and so happy. She eats like a pig. I have had her for 9 years. This is her over winter enclosure. It is 10' x 2.5'. She is kept outside the majority of the year...but I always bring her in over winter. She has always dug a burrow to hibernate...but I have always been to scared to leave her out. Tortoises are so cool. Glad you brought that new guy home from his glass prison. He will be so much happier now!!
View attachment 149318 View attachment 149319
That is a great indoor enclosure! I can't wait until it gets warmer and I can build my outdoor tort playground. :)

20160320_172516.jpg
The beginning stages of Bear's outdoor tort playground. The back corner is a mustard green and romaine snack garden . The area is 12x4.5, the stump is a hide area and there is also a tort house. I want to add more plants and climbing features.

Back
Top Bottom