New Quadricornis

We are trying, when we were looking for some of these guys, you just cant seem to find them anymore at least in the states. We had no idea that we would be as successful with them as we are, we are hoping to expand the knowledge base on these guys and maybe find out a little more about them, there isn't a lot of info on the net about them. But, with the right humidity and temps they are actually quite easy to keep. Just want people to know that if you have a repti fogger on them and keep them at low temps then they aren't as hard as they seem. All our adults are WC and we would like to see more CB available in the future. Thanks again!
@Kent: The thing with the claws don't work. There were some "graciliors" with normal claws and some quad quads with more orange claws.

@Josh: Great to hear, 19 eggs should be enough for a good cb population

We are trying, when we were looking for some of these guys, you just cant seem to find them anymore at least in the states. We had no idea that we would be as successful with them as we are, we are hoping to expand the knowledge base on these guys and maybe find out a little more about them, there isn't a lot of info on the net about them. But, with the right humidity and temps they are actually quite easy to keep. Just want people to know that if you have a repti fogger on them and keep them at low temps then they aren't as hard as they seem. All our adults are WC and we would like to see more CB available in the future. Thanks again!

Do you keep some of the juvenils for yourself ? I think at kingsnake are again some WC

We are keeping probably 2 of the babies we have now, we sold a few and have 3 or 4 left for sale. However we are making sure that everyone who inquires about these guys does their research on them and is aware of their humidity and temp requirements that is why we have some left. Honestly I thought more people would be interested in these guys since you can't find them anywhere CB. I have found a few WC, we know the guys at LLL and have worked with them to get some.

Hopefully you'll have equal success with the next clutch. I'm excited to see what these will turn into in the coming months. I will most defintley be providing updates as time goes on.

Thanks everyone. More pictures will be posted in the near future.

Luis

No problem. Maybe Chris could help here. At the moment I know no way to differentiate them.
They are such a variable species.

Ok, so in Klaver's paper on lung morphology he showed there were differences between two geographic populations of quads. In Bohme and Klaver's description of gracilior, the subspeciation is based on differences in lung morphology between the northern subspecies form and the southern, nominate form. Guess we'll have to dissect them to be sure! :rolleyes: By the way, Benny, I came across this fun fact: The lung morphology of the nominate quad is almost identical to Ch. (T.) eisentrauti! ;)

Wow, I don't expected that sb here knows the papers. Yes the eisentrautis are very very close related to the quadricornis. And until nobody could give 100% sure ways to differentiate them, they are all quadricornis quadricornis for me. Everything else is making money.

Yes, I would have to agree. There are some other anecdotal differences like the shape of the gular crest scales, the shape and angle of the casque, etc. but they may just be variation within the population. But, I would also think that some graciliors do get imported as they occur sympatrically with Ch. (T.) weidershemi, of which both subspecies occasionally come in with the Cameroon shipments.

Yes, I'm also quite sure that some were imported but the people don't know what they have. They think those are normal quads.
And probably 80-90% of the WC ones die before they could produce some CB ones.
The posibilty that some were mixed up is also very high. So I think there aren't unmixed populations in captivity

Mature individuals top out at an average total length of 10" to 15" (25 to 37 cm) for males, with females running 2" to 3" (5 to 7 cm) shorter.

Back
Top Bottom