New Quadricornis

luevelvet

Avid Member
Just came in yesterday. So far they have been a fascinating species to work with.

I'm trying to be better friends with my camera. It's a D50 with a Tamron Lens fitted with a 2x magnifier. Advice is always appreciated!

Enjoy!

Luis

Attachments

• DSC_3123.jpg
    DSC_3123.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_3150.jpg
    DSC_3150.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_3151.jpg
    DSC_3151.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC_3187.jpg
    DSC_3187.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_3200.jpg
    DSC_3200.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 174
Thanks everyone. Here are a few more...

Attachments

• DSC_3191.jpg
    DSC_3191.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_3132.jpg
    DSC_3132.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_3129.jpg
    DSC_3129.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 154
That's what I've been told and noticed. They love to drink. It's still a little odd to imagine keeping them that wet and cool at the same time. Temps don't go above 77-78 are primarily around 75 throughtout the day. I'm hooking up a cool mist humidifier and mister this weekend to make sure they have a consistent supply of water and humidity.

eisentrauti, Do you care for any of these?

Thanks,

Luis

I've kept some of them yes. The best is a dripper or something else where they could always drink. When this point works fine, they will look in a few months like the beautiful male from Celine

These guys are great, glad to hear that they are doing great Luis! Keep us updated on how they are doing. Here is a picture of one of our adult males, hopefully some of our babies will look just like him. They will look like the adult above to an extent but they are they other Quadricornis species not the gracilor species.
I've kept some of them yes. The best is a dripper or something else where they could always drink. When this point works fine, they will look in a few months like the beautiful male from Celine

These guys are great, glad to hear that they are doing great Luis! Keep us updated on how they are doing. Here is a picture of one of our adult males, hopefully some of our babies will look just like him. They will look like the adult above to an extent but they are they other Quadricornis species not the gracilor species.

Hi Josh,

I know, but I won't bet that the ones of Celine real graciliors are ;)

Flawless! Those babies are beautiful and should provide years of fascinating viewing and keeping. Josh, your male looks fantastic just like Celine's. Man, I just love some healthy Quads!

Benny, why do you say Celine's may not be Ch. (T.) quadricornis gracilior? I haven't gone through my old literature on the species, but, I've heard it mentioned in lay circles that the gracilior subspecies is easily identified by the orange nails. I also thought they were typically expected to have more than 4 horns. The reason I ask is that the pet store near to me has a fantastic looking male right now with the red head and orange nails.

Thanks Kent, apart from the few babies we have now, we are hoping he makes a wonderful dad (we have 19 eggs). He too is getting more horns now, he has 6 now and they keep on growing.

@Kent: The thing with the claws don't work. There were some "graciliors" with normal claws and some quad quads with more orange claws.

@Josh: Great to hear, 19 eggs should be enough for a good cb population

No problem. Maybe Chris could help here. At the moment I know no way to differentiate them.
They are such a variable species.

Back
Top Bottom