New Pygmy Chams

Very nice looking pair. The brown one looks just like one of our females. She was called an "orange phase" by the breeder/importer I purchased her from. The body style and tail of yours looks female too. ANd your other one definitely looks male.

Thanks Gesang ... I was hoping they were a pair. Except for the patterning on the one they are very similar with only subtle differences. And having no previous experiece with this type of cham before I was having a difficult time determining if I had both sexes.

Definitely not as easy as with Veileds! ;) I hope that these two do well in their new home. I just picked up a couple more small plants tonight and will be adding them to the enclosure along with a piece of bark and a couple more thin dried branches for climbing. Of course the ultimate goal is to get them to breed and I already have a friend who wants some babies. And I can't say NO to him as he's the one that takes me to the LPS for supplies and helped me bring these two home! LOLOL

I'll post some pics when I get the enclosure a little more up to par. Also I was thinking of getting something like this for lighting .....

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/p...4442459391&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

It's the perfect size to fit over the tank and it looks like I can just bend the light part up when I want to remove the screen lid from the enclosure. Let me know what you think!

Dyesub Dave. :D

After doing a bit of research I found that there's a 15 in. ReptiSun 2.0 bulb which is rated at 14W should I want to take this route. However ... the desklamp in the link above says the the bulb that comes with it is an 11W MAX. I'm wondering if that's just the specs on the bulb or if that's all the lamp will put out. ( I'm assuming that the lamp takes a 15" bulb because of the measurements.)

I guess the best bet is to go and read the specs on the desklamp box which probably indicates the maximum wattage bulb it will take.

Any thoughts??

Thanks ... Dyesub Dave. :D

Brev. Setup Refined

OK ... So I added more plants, small sticks to crawl on, what used to be LIVE sphagnum moss (maybe it will come back to life ... :)) and some peat moss for a slightly deeper substrate. I still want to add a small piece of birch bark near the center and I will hopefully get the lighting figured out by the weekend.

There's a bare spot at the back on the right had side but I think the red-edged peperomia will grow taller than the fern and ivy surrounding it. I couldn't find any creeping fig but if I do I may let that crawl across the bottom in the front.

WITH FLASH

BrevSetupRefined-Flash-Reduced.jpg

WITHOUT FLASH
BrevSetupRefined-Reduced.jpg

I couldn't get around the reflections as even with the curtains closed there's still too much light in the room. If you look closely you can see the female (lower-mid left) and the male (upper-mid right).

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions!

Thanks ... Dyesub Dave. :D

Yeah I would definately take a drive down to your nearest CT to check it out in person. The site doesn't even say what type of bulb it takes. (unless I'm blind?) and you don't want to order it online thinking it takes fluorescent tubes and then realize it takes these http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11224934/Energy_Saving_Compact_Fluorescent_Lamps.jpg once it gets to your door. (although it might not cause it seems pretty slim but better safe then sorry)

Yeah ... I'll probably go check it out this weekend. But you know how it works ... when you see something that is PERFECT for your needs generally there's some little glitch that doesn't fit into your plans. Of course there are the other times when things just work out ... I'm hoping for one of those!! LOLOL

nice enclosure ive got two pygmys male and female my female laid a clutch of 2 eggs the other day :D and i've always wanted a Tangerine Phase Honduran Milk Snake

nice enclosure ive got two pygmys male and female my female laid a clutch of 2 eggs the other day :D and i've always wanted a Tangerine Phase Honduran Milk Snake

Thanks .... There's a pic of the snake about halfway through this thread.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/veiled-chameleon-not-laying-6156/

Nice looking enclosure. They are a lovely looking pair. I hope they are a pair for you. :)

Thanks but do you not think they are male/female? Or will they not always pair up just because they are male/female?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom