New pro mist system!!!!

This is really Julie's misting system

_editor_industrial_water_treatment.jpg

my point is basically this: take for example the bodybuilder and nutrition.

The bodybuilder supplements many nutrients in the form of pills, powders, etc., but the serious bodybuilder would know it's always best to get these things from a whole food source primarily, and then supplement to fill in any gaps.

This is also how we tend to treat our chams, we rely most on a good gutload, then supplement to just be sure we are covering all the bases.

I'm just curious why we would reverse this thinking with our watering. There are trace minerals and vitamins in water that are removed in distilled. so to say, we will remove them, then just supplement properly seems like it could be an inferior approach.

but hey if it works, it works! and i'm not saying it doesn't! and we have summoner a much more knowledgeable member than myself saying it works, so i'm inclined to believe it does.

There are also the problems of some "bad things" (chlorine, flouride...) in tap water like summoner mentioned. Of course this side is worth consideration too. But I believe these things can be removed... But maybe not to the extent that I think?

The guy I work with did a ton of undergrad research on tap water. I'm going to have to pick his brain tomorrow :D

Last edited:
...or do the "bad things" that have the potential to be in tap water (chlorine, heavy metals, etc..) outweigh the benefits of the good?

would anyone argue that spring water would be the best thing to use if we had a clean, free supply?

Because I don't think a cham gets these nutrients from water in the wild. It might explain why they eat dirt sometimes?

Chams don't have a faucet in the wild. They don't drink from mountain springs either. they drink from water that has fallen from the sky and landed on a leaf. I am not saying there isn't stuff in that water... but I can't imagine it's anything like spring water or tap water.... need to research this more.

i see people making arguments against the water in other post but nothing here , why ?

that was weird it didn't show any of your posts till right now .. sorry about that ...

I feel the same way our water down here is really hard and the lime alone blocks everything quickly... I use distilled water on mine it is easy to use the gallon jugs and i ame sure that i supplement well if it is an issue I will go half and half and use repti safe in the water . does anyone see a problem with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fawking Windows!!! I wrote a reply to this last night and forgot to post it.... and then I wake up this morning and my computer had rebooted......................

in short.... rain doesn't have shit in it either... and chams drink rain water. so why should we assume they need the stuff is tap water......... :mad:

Here is link to a site where rain water was tested against well and city water.

and scorpilon, WTH are you posting three posts in a row all within 4 minutes of each other? I know you want member status, but posting nonsense doesn't get you there.

edit: oops

Last edited:
Fawking Windows!!! I wrote a reply to this last night and forgot to post it.... and then I wake up this morning and my computer had rebooted......................

in short.... rain doesn't have shit in it either... and chams drink rain water. so why should we assume they need the stuff is tap water......... :mad:

Here is link to a site where rain water was tested against well and city water.

and scorpilon, WTH are you posting three posts in a row all within 4 minutes of each other? I know you want member status, but posting nonsense doesn't get you there.

edit: oops

what a jerk! lol!

the problem with this data is that the city water numbers are all prior to treatment--so it's not the same water that comes out of your spicket. But we can see that rain water does have some "stuff" in it. I'd be interested to see a comparison of rainwater to treated water.

"Distilled water being demineralized, contains more hydrogen and is considered an acid, with a pH of less than 7.0. Any time a human or animal consumes or, in the case of an amphibian, is soaked in distilled water, the body pulls minerals from teeth (if they have them) and bones to produce bicarbonate to neutralize the acid. This can prove dangerous over time. Another problem with distilled water is that acidic liquids will result in the production of more free-radicals, which are molecules that can increase the risk for cancer. There are people who feel that distilled water is safe and healthful to drink, but the mainstream medical community discourages the consumption of distilled water. Likewise, providing pet herps with distilled water is not recommended. Because amphibians respire through their skin and also absorb water through the skin, distilled water can be particularly dangerous to them."

from: http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-health/amphibian-health/bloated-herp-water-problems.aspx

just some food for thought....

Last edited:
Here is a link that directly challenges that.

http://www.precisionwatersystems.com/health.html

Like your link, I also would be somewhat suspect of it's credibility. However, it does cite some reasonably reliable sources.

"Distilled water being demineralized, contains more hydrogen and is considered an acid, with a pH of less than 7.0. Any time a human or animal consumes or, in the case of an amphibian, is soaked in distilled water, the body pulls minerals from teeth (if they have them) and bones to produce bicarbonate to neutralize the acid. This can prove dangerous over time. Another problem with distilled water is that acidic liquids will result in the production of more free-radicals, which are molecules that can increase the risk for cancer. There are people who feel that distilled water is safe and healthful to drink, but the mainstream medical community discourages the consumption of distilled water. Likewise, providing pet herps with distilled water is not recommended. Because amphibians respire through their skin and also absorb water through the skin, distilled water can be particularly dangerous to them."

from: http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-health/amphibian-health/bloated-herp-water-problems.aspx

just some food for thought....

Here is a link that directly challenges that.

http://www.precisionwatersystems.com/health.html

Like your link, I also would be somewhat suspect of it's credibility. However, it does cite some reasonably reliable sources.

interesting, but the difference between these two articles is the one i posted is from a certified MDV helping a patient and yours is from a company that specializes in "distillation equipment for the home and small business."

so you have to think there's a bias here.

still, I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I'm always more inclined to trust someone who's not trying to sell me something.

Last edited:
interesting, but the difference between these two articles is the one i posted is from a certified MDV helping a patient and yours is from a company that specializes in "distillation equipment for the home and small business."

so you have to think there's a bias here.

still, I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I'm always more inclined to trust someone who's not trying to sell me something.

This is why I said I would be somewhat suspect.

However, you must also look beyond the source of the article and look at the source of the content. One big proponent and directly quoted source of that article is Dr. Andrew Weil, a Harvard Medical School 1968 graduate.

Does this mean my article is right? Not necessarily. To be honest, a quick Google search can lead to an abundance of reliable sources and argument for either side of the debate.

Hey nice chams! I had a question, I keep seeing the exo-Terra jungle vines in cages, and I know I have seen it posted somewhere! Problem is when you go searching for searching for something in particular you come out flat! So could you share with me how you have those mounted in your enclosure? Thanks

Yeah no problem... All I did was took planting wire and tied it around the holes in the screen then around the frames.. It is so simple what you don't see is that i had to poke it through twice because I used a second layer of what is called screen glass which is a plastic sheet that comes in rolls that looks just like screen but more importantly that helps keep the Humidity in as well just giving you another idea ....

Pro-mist

His systems are super simple to install. If you have trouble call them and they will instruct you. The timer should have instructions with it. One side of the pump is the inlet for water to come into the pump from a bucket and the other side is the output water coming out to the nozzels. everything else is just push the tubing into the nozzels all the way set the timer.
Good luck

(Kevin, next time you come home to visit, I expect you to swing by my house to build me some cool stuff like that, too....:D)

lol It would take too much time to do during a trip.... but if you are serious, let me know and I can look into building one and then maybe installing it for you when I am home... or give instruction over the phone, it really isn't hard to 'set-up' once it's complete. You have your water 'in' and your water 'out' and your misting zone outputs that you just hook up to your misting nozzles. Then plug the power in and you should be good to go. (oh and then program... but I can even do that before you get it haha and do it remotely.... from your iPhone, smartphone, work computer...... :D)

Back
Top Bottom