New Plant and Humidity Crisis Averted

Hi guys! I just wanted to show off my brand new plant I got for Ophelia! I'm hoping she will really like it and be more able to make use of her space. Also, I have a humidifier right next to her enclosure now, which along with the plant should fix the humidity CRISIS I was having. I moved The Baby into my dad's at-home office, in order to keep her temps up at night as it is a smaller, better insulated room than where she was before (side note but I think that after a vet visit and an enclosure move in the span of 2 weeks she is VERY afraid of hands -- I can't even give her bugs anymore I need to leave them in her dish and walk away, and whenever I open the cage she hides 😭) But back to the story - I came down the morning after moving her and her humidity was in THE 20S!! It turns out the air in the office is suuuuper dry. So I freaked out and got everything I could to up the humidity, hopefully for good. She has a brand-new ivy plant in the back corner, and a family friend lent us a humidifier (yes, it is shaped like a pengiun) to try and restore the humidity in the meantime. Misting has also been increased to a minute every 2 hours. I'm probably going to get her a cool bridge pathway to put in the bottom right area as my little girl is pretty active and there's not a lot of use she can get out of the space atm. Anyway, as I type this the humidity has already gone up 10% in the last 30-ish minutes and keeps going up. I'm just glad I caught it fast!

Attachments

• IMG_4962.jpg
    IMG_4962.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4963.jpg
    IMG_4963.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4964.jpg
    IMG_4964.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 74
There are a few threads here that say English ivy is a toxic plant.
sorry - it was the Chameleon School website. She’s not a big plant eater in general, in the almost 5 months i’ve had her i’ve never seen evidence of her eating a single plant. EDIT: this is not to say it’s ok to have it if she’ll eat it and it’s poisonous, i’ve just noticed in general she’s not interested in plants as food very much. of course if it was dangerous to her i would get rid of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom